Why think about flying when you can take charge and get out onto the roads. Below are plenty of road trip quotes and quotes about traveling the world. If you want to live life to the fullest, experience great life adventures, to see the world and go on adventurous journeys. Is there anything better than on the road trip and experiencing new destinations? Driving on road with the windows down, cool breeze blowing and touching your hair, the smell of the dirt, the sound of floating sea through the car and loud music giving you goosebumps. Sounds amazing, huh?
In the busy-ness of daily life, we can get distracted and lose sight of what’s really important. It’s not about wealth or possessions, but about yourself, family, friends and life lessons – but you don’t even have the strength & courage to do that! Whether you are sparkle out or not, one thing that is never a bad idea, is a good old dose of what’s called a “Road Trip” Remember the excitement of your first road trip as a kid? Packed all your snacks, printable games for the road and off you went on an adventure?
Hopefully with a good road trip playlist and the road trippin quotes below should rekindle that excitement for road trip adventures. Continue reading for inspirational road quotes.
- 1 50 Road Trip Quotes for Instagram or Facebook
- 2 Friends Road Trip Quotes
- 3 Family Road Trip Quotes
- 4 Funny Road Trip Quotes
- 5 Inspirational Road Trip Quotes
- 6 Inspiration On Planning A Road Trip
- 7 Road Trip Essentials
50 Road Trip Quotes for Instagram or Facebook
Below are 50 best road trip quotes to ignite your wanderlust journeys on the roads! Regardless whether you have your eyes firmly set on a Yellowstone road trip, cruising around Italy, or a road trip adventure around Africa or even whether you are dreaming about family road trips, road trips with friends or road trips with your partner.
Accompanied road trips or solo road tripping the important thing is to get out on the road. Taking your friends and family with you, these short road trip and long road trip quotes will surely be just as exciting and fun.
Road Trip Quotes
Motivating quotes, from the ‘I wanna go on a road trip’ quote to the ‘its not about the destination, its about the journey’ captions perfect for when you want to post short embarking on the adventure or during your adventure.
1. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
2. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
3. “Still, round the corner, there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
4. “Sometimes, the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
5. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it. – Grace Jones
6. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
7.”Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” — Jack Kerouac
8. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
9. “God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Isak Dinesen
10. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!”.” — Bob Marley
Friends Road Trip Quotes
Nothing makes a road trip that much more enjoyable and exciting than experiencing it with your close friends. Below are the perfect best friend road trip quotes and car trip quotes for when you want to share the excitement of your road trip adventures with friends. Always expect the unexpected when embarking on new adventures, but therein itself lies the adventure.
11-“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”– Tim Cahill
12. “We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip”. – Crestless Wave
13. That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything. – John Green
14. “Life was meant to great adventure and close friends.” – Unknown
15. “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions”. – Jenn McKinlay
16. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
17.”If you’re on a road trip, you need driving music” – Edgar Wright
18. “Still, round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
19. “Happiness is… a car, the open road, and a best friend.” – Unknown
20. “The road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
Family Road Trip Quotes
Need quotes about traveling the world with family? Hitting the road quotes that perfectly sum up your feeling of how joyous it is to go on a journey with your family? Yes there are a road trip with friends are fun but creating memories with family builds bonds that no one can break. Especially if you are creating those memories with your kids. Below are car trip quotes, safe trip sayings to wish the family well or inspirational quotes about how to have a good road trip.
21. “Happiness is… planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love.”
22. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.”— Emma Chase
23. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.”– Angela N. Blount
24. “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Bear
25. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere.” – Victoria Erickson
26. “Life is beautiful if you are on the road to somewhere.” — Orhan Pamuk
27-“Kid, you’ll move mountains” – Dr. Seuss
28. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” –Jon Bon Jovi
29. “I love road trips. You get into this Zen rhythm; throw the sense of time out the window.” – Miriam Toews
30. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, traveling city to city, rocking out, and moving on to the next place.” – Caleb Johnson
Funny Road Trip Quotes
If you have a sense of humor then saving these witty and funny road trip quotes for when the time comes will serve you well for when you need the perfect caption to illustrate your road trip adventures.
31. “Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save fuel, take your next trip in Kilometers.” – George Carlin
32. “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
33. “A tourist is a fellow who drives thousands of miles so he can be photographed standing in front of his car.” – Emile Ganest
34. “Traveling can never be taken for granted, no matter how meticulous the preparations.” — Eugene Linden
35. “What if I fall? Oh but my darling- what if you fly?” — Erin Hanson
36. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.”– Shanti
37-“Most of my best memories come from some old dirt road.” — Unknown
38. “Laugh more, worry less!” — Unknown
39. “People don’t take trips . . . trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
40. “I wish that road trips could pay my bills” — Unknown
Inspirational Road Trip Quotes
Nothing inspires more adventures on the road that inspirational quotes about enjoying the journey, famous quotes about traveling the world. Before you know it you are hatching another road trip.
41. “All I want to do is go on the road trips and travel the world” — Unknown
42. “If you don’t like the road you are walking, start paving another one” — Dolly Parton
43. “I didn’t plan on taking this road, but the journey gave me so much growth” — Jennae Cecelia
44. “Life is like a road trip – enjoy each day and don’t carry too much luggage.”
45. “No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn around.” – Turkish Proverb
46. “I’m not lost. I’m exploring.” – Jana Stanfield
47. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere.” – Victoria Erickson
48. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, traveling city to city, rocking out, and moving on to the next place.” – Caleb Johnson
49. “I’m on the road constantly. I’m a nomad. I don’t really have a home right now. I don’t identify with one place in particular.” – Daya
50. “Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road.” – Walt Whitman
Inspiration On Planning A Road Trip
What I love about road trips is that they dont have to be outside the country to earn the meaning of a road trip. Just packing a bag and going to the next city is still considered a road trip. Getting in the car and enjoying your own country can still bring on a sense of adventure. I have enjoyed road trips near and far. If you need further inspiration to plan your adventures road trips below are a couple of our road trip journeys around the globe.
- If you love the outdoors and are in the UK I would highly recommend a road trip around Wales. And if you are into hiking then a road trip to Snowdonia is a must.
- If you love Scandinavian countries or if you haven’t been then I highly recommend driving around beautiful roads in Norway with views of the Fjords. We have road tripped in Norway to hike Trolltunga and explore Bergen.
- If you have Iceland still hovering on your bucket list, then push it all the way to the top and explore the Ring Road in a campervan. I promise you, Iceland is nothing like you have imagined. It’s BETTER!
- Dreaming of African road trip adventures? Let this self-drive itinerary through Namibia, Botswana and Zambia inspire you. I have road-tripped solo in Tunisia and Southern Africa with my husband. Africa is so beautiful its a shame people still fear exploring this beautiful and fast continent. Its what road trip adventures are made of.
- I have road-tripped around Israel, Italy, Spain, part of Route 66 in the USA, UK, India, Australia. If these road journey quotes and road trip captions don’t inspire you, I hope my trip post will serve as inspiration to go out and see this beautiful planet we call home.
Road Trip Essentials
So what are the road trip must-haves, what to pack for a road trip? Firstly I the most important thing is wearing lose and comfortable clothing. Especially you are going to be out on the road for a long time. Being comfortable reduces the likelihood of irritability. When can then set things off with whoever you are with if you happen to be in a bad mood because of lack of comfort? Below is a quick list of road trip essentials.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Great and variety of road trip playlist. Low and high temple melodies plus some cheesy singalong tunes.
- Assign roles; The Navigator, Snack Management, Refreshment Team and Driver. These roles can rotate on a long drive.
- A list of easy road trip games everyone will enjoy.
- Plan stops and designated drivers along the way.
- Pack tissues, wipes and sanitiser. You never know what toilets along with way will be like so better to be prepared.
Here I am wishing that your road-tripping finds you on time and in the right place and I am hopeful all these road trip quotes will spark some energy to plan your trip soon. There are many, many amazing adventures waiting for you.
- 41 Family Road Trip Quotes
- The Best Captions For Insta Selfie Posts
- The Best Mountain Quotes For Outdoors Adventures
- 60 Inspirational Quotes For Travelling Couples
- Favourite Quotes To Inspire Wanderlust
- The Best Adventure Quotes For Adrenaline Junkies
Pin For Later