Below are are 50 mountain quotes to inspire your adventures. Well, adventure is nothing new around here, with plenty of adventures around the world. From diving into Victoria Fall’s Devils Pool to sitting on the edge of Trolltunga In Norway and sandboarding in Namibia.
If it is adventurous, then I am all about it! So with that in mind, I thought I would provide you with some inspiration for adventures around the world by way of both adventure quotes and mountain quotes to get you started with thinking about your plans for adventures around the world.
Whether you get your kicks by is hiking, skskydiving, kayaking the mountain quotes below will definitely get your juices flowing. For tours offering plenty of adventures around the world, check out Get You Guide. In addition, I have also linked to a couple of posts to inspire your adventures.
- 1 1 – 25 Mountain Quotes & Adventure Quotes To Inspire Adventures
- 1.1 5. “I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 1.2 10. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while. Climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.” – John Muir
- 1.3 20. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
- 2 26 – 50 Mountain Quotes And Adventure For That Seeking Inspiration
- 2.1 25. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.” – William Blake
- 2.2 26. “To live will be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan
- 2.3 27. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.” – John Amatt
- 2.4 28. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Nemann Buhl
- 2.5 29. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
- 2.6 30. “Every great achievement is but a small peak in the mountain range of contributions.” – Dale T. Mortensen
- 2.7 35. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
- 2.8 43.“I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what’s important in life.” – Mark Obmascik
- 2.9 48. “Climb the mountain… So you can see the World, not so the World can see you.” David Mccullouga Jr.
- 3 Tips On Planning Your Mountain Adventures
1 – 25 Mountain Quotes & Adventure Quotes To Inspire Adventures
Even adventure seekers could use a little inspiration with it comes to finding the coolest quotes about mountains that better reflect some of the adventures you might be embarking on of just coming from. Below are 50 quotes about climbing mountains, mountain sayings, mountain love quotes, trekking quotes, all great for Instagram captions for your most stunning nature posts. Quotes like ‘it isn’t the mountain that wears you out…’ to beautiful mountain quotes for those #throwback posts the could use funny, witty or humorous quotes about mountains and nature.
1. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be a priority.” – Richard Branson
2. “Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.” –Unknown Author
3. “What I love most about this crazy life is the adventure of it.” – Juliette Binoche
4. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books.” –John Lubbock
5. “I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
7. “The best view comes after the hardest climb” – Unknown
8. “I love to sit on a mountain top and gaze. I don’t think of anything but the people I care about and the view.” – Julian Lennon
9. “Adventure is just bad planning made beautiful” – James Ademuyiwa
10. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while. Climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.” – John Muir
11. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
12. “The danger of an adventure is worth a thousand days of ease and comfort.” – Paulo Coelho
13. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
14. “If it involves a mountain, breakfast food, coffee or campfire, I am in!” –Unknown
15. “Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul.” –Unknown
16. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Robert W. Service
17. “Travel makes one modest; you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
18. “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
19. “When a man is a Traveler, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.” – Drew Bundini Brown
20. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
21. “A good Traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
22. “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
23. “What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? – It’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.” – Jack Kerouac
24. “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning.” – Kevin Kelly
26 – 50 Mountain Quotes And Adventure For That Seeking Inspiration
Whether its quotes about views atop a mountain or quotes about climbing mountains. Below are plenty more mountain captions perfect for Instagram or Facebook.
If you have partners in crime that you take with you on adventures there are plenty of options for quotes about adventures with friends then these are perfectly suitable for when you post your pictures on social media from your mountain climbing or hiking activities.
25. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.” – William Blake
26. “To live will be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan
27. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.” – John Amatt
28. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Nemann Buhl
29. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
30. “Every great achievement is but a small peak in the mountain range of contributions.” – Dale T. Mortensen
31. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
32. “We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe where riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again – to slow time down and get taken in, and to fall in love once more.” – Pico Iyer
33. “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” – Charlotte Eriksson
34. “You get a strange feeling when you leave a place, like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you miss the person you are at this time and place because you’ll never be this way ever again – Azar Nafasi
35. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
36. “Go on adventuring, changing, opening your mind and eyes, refusing to be stamped and stereotyped.” – Virginia Woolf
37. “When you see someone putting on his big boots, you can be pretty sure that an adventure is going to happen.” – A.A Milne
38. “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dhalai Lama
39. “For the sake of your soul, venture out…” – Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
40. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
41. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley Maclaine
42. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” Clifton Fadiman
43.“I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what’s important in life.” – Mark Obmascik
44. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness… Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
45. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
46. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
47. “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Vince Lombardi
48. “Climb the mountain… So you can see the World, not so the World can see you.” David Mccullouga Jr.
49. “Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.” Richard M. Nixon
50. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
Tips On Planning Your Mountain Adventures
If the quotes about the mountains above are not enough for you and you fancy additional inspiration, then hopefully some of my past mountain adventures will inspire.
- If you are a big fan of the mountains like I am then I highly recommending camping to views of Norwegian mountains and fjords in Odda.
- If you are an adrenaline junkie too, then also add hiking to Trolltunga and sitting on the edge of the rock too. I have also shared tips on everything you need to know to hike to Trolltunga as well as what to pack for Norway.
- If you are in the UK and looking for scene sights in the mountains then check out the beautiful trails of Mount Snowdonia.
- If you love a good view then add Mount Ulriken in the city of the 7 mountains that is Bergen.
- For something a little lighter but still offering amazing views of rock formations then check out Durdle Door in beautiful Dorset. An amazing place to rock climb if you are into that type of thing too.
- For more inspiration, check out additional quotes on adventure!
There you have it, some of my favourite mountain quotes and nature quotes perfect for accompanying Facebook and Instagram captions. Which one of the adventure quotes about mountaineering is your favourite?
- The Best Quotes To Inspire Solo Travel
- The Best Wanderlust Quotes
- Cool Quotes For Couples Who Travel
- The Best Quotes For Traveling With Friends
- Hiking Iceland’s Glacier Edge
Like it? Pin for later!