If you are heading to the Emirates to visit Dubai, you need to make sure you add Abu Dhabi to your Dubai itinerary. There are several ways to get from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. Below I will walk you through how to get to Abu Dhabi from Dubai by bus, car or coach. Sadly there are currently no trains, at least not during the time I was visiting but I believe this is currently in the making.
While many focus their visit on Dubai with its many beaches, malls, skyscrapers and more, Abu Dhabi being the capital of the UAE has been flourishing in the hopes of catching up with the rapid development of Dubai. Below I will be sharing ways on how to get to Abu Dhabi from Dubai, whether you choose to visit Abu Dhabi for a day trip or for a couple of days from Dubai or the other Emirates, there are many things to do in Abu Dhabi, from Sheik Zayed Mosque, Ferrari World, Souks, Malls, of course, luxurious hotels.
Options for Dubai to Abu Dhabi transportation at the moment don’t include trains. Once they add that option. It will be a game changer for transport in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it will also cut the time doing the journey between the two cities.
- Best Hotels In Dubai
- Things To Do In Dubai
- Abra Tours In Souk Madinat
- What To Wear In Dubai + Packing List
How To Get To Abu Dhabi From Dubai | Best Way To Travel From Dubai To Abu Dhabi
I was originally hoping to visit Abu Dhahi by car. I was going to rent a car as I have become used to driving when I travel. From exploring by camper van in Iceland to driving in Israel and Spain. In the end, I decided it was best to go with a tour to make it easier for myself, sister and my cute as a button nephew who you may have spotted in my recent post on Souk Madinat in Jumeriah, to get around Abu Dhabi with ease.
We also considered using Uber to Abu Dhabi from Dhabi but as the cost of a return trip was around the same price as our whole tour including all the various stops in an air condition bus, it made sense to do that. If we were staying for a couple of days in Abu Dhabi I would have gone for Uber or car rental as I have used Uber in Dubai on so many occasions I have found it safe and reliable.
The below can be used for how to get to Grand Mosque Abu Dhabi from Dubai but also provides details on the other best way to travel from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. You have the shuttles from the airport as well as the bus to abu Dhabi from Dubai.
Uber & Taxi From To Abu Dhabi From Dubai
There are plenty of ways to do this journey one is the going from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by taxi but if your flight is arriving in the late evening or early morning. Your only option of getting to Abu Dhabi from Dubai airport is to get a taxi or Uber. The other option is to get a rental car.
If you have had a long flight I would not advise this option, I speak from experience. It’s a tiring journey to do when you are tired dare I say dangerous too? The cabs to Abu Dhabi from Dubai Airport are around 300 AED(£60) for a one-way trip and Uber costs around 200 AED (around £40-50).
The price to get to Grand Mosque Abu from Dubai is around. We stayed on the Dubai Marina and the estimate I had from Dubai Marina to Abu Dhahi via Uber was around £45. Expect the Dubai to Abu Dhabi taxi fare from central Dubai to be a little bit more than that, I am talking if you are staying near Burj Khalifa or even Deira.
Etihad Coach Services To Abu Dhabi From Dubai Airport
In much the same way some of the Emirates airlines offer free tours and easy visa application and processing, Etihad Airlines offers a free coach service to its economy passengers. You can get the shuttle from Dubai to Abu Dhabi if you have flown on Etihad the airline. The airline offers a pre-booked coach to Abu Dhahi from Dubai Airport. Enquire with the airline before traveling as the coach has to be booked at least 24 hours in advance on their website or by contacting them on the phone.
Bus Service Between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Traveling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi By Bus: If you just arriving at Dubai Airport you need to take the metro, taxi or Uber to Al Ghubaiba Bus Station. From here buses to Abu Dhabi from Dubai depart every 20 minutes from the Al Ghubaiba Bus Station. The Al Ghubaiba Metro station is a couple of yards from the bus station making it easier to take the metro from Dubai Airport to the bus station. The buses are operated in conjunction with the Dubai and Abu Dhabi Transport authority and tickets for the buses cost around 25 AED/ £5 one way for the Dubai run buses while the Abu Dhabi buses are 15 AED. They are all air-conditioned and are really comfortable. Buses run every 20 minutes from 6am to 11pm. Buses sometimes make a quick stop near to Yas Island on the way from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
- Getting The bus to Dubai from Abu Dhabi: If you are traveling from Abu Dhabi airport to Dubai you first need to head to the city center. For the bus service between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, you need to take the 30-minute ride on the A1 bus from Abu Dhabi terminals to the city center and get off at the Al Wahda Sultan Bin Zayed 1st St Bus Station. The ticket for the A1 Bus is around 5AED and runs every 40minutes. Buse to Dubai departs from a terminal located on the corner of Hazza bin Zayed Street. Buses operate from 6am to 11pm from this direction as well with buses E100 leaving every 10 minutes and to the central station in Dubai which is closer to Dubai Airport, while E101 leaves every 30 minutes and goes to Ibn Battuta Mall which has Ibn Battuta metro metro station close by making it easier to access the other parts of Dubai once you arrive. To leave from her check Dubai to Abu Dhabi bus timings from Ibn Battuta.
- The journey between Dubai and Abu Dhahi is about 2.5 to 3 hours depending on the traffic.
- Note that front seats are always reserved for women and families and the seats on the back are for men only.
- You can download the Abu Dhabi and Dubai bus schedule here.
Car Rental From Dubai To Abu Dhabi
There are plenty of car rental companies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, check out Easy Car . Parking is free almost everywhere in the Emirates. Rental cars are fairly affordable in addition to petrol being fairly reasonably priced. The only thing to be aware of is that Dubai is now cracking down on speeding with many cameras being installed so if you do get caught they will take the money directly from your card.
The crazy traffic in Dubai there are toll road just so you are ware when driving from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. Also, ensure you have an update international driving license otherwise you may not be allowed to rent a car. Its said to be a lot easier to rent a car in Dubai than it is in Abu Dhabi so if you are arriving in Dubai and heading to Abu Dhabi, make sure you rent in Dubai if possible and return it back to the Airport when leaving.
- 10 Reasons To Visit Tel Aviv Now
- Top Beaches In Tel Aviv To Add To Your Summer Vacation
- Experiences Not To Miss In Phuket
- Money Saving Tips For Visiting London
- Best Hotels In Phuket
Pin For Later