Long haul traveling can always be hectic for many travelers. Traveling through different continents can trigger jet lags, that even proficient fliers may need a moment to refresh. With that in mind, below is a guide to Abu Dhabi airport shower facilities, spas, airport lounges and more.
Whether you have a layover or just need to refresh before a flight you can relax in many of Abu Dhabi airport lounges, showers, spas, 24 hours of food options, and WiFi connections. If you are not a frequent flier through Abu Dhabi, fear not as you can easily purchase airport lounge passes online to make use of the facilities below.
Abu Dhabi airport comprises of three terminals connected by inter-terminal bus services. They run shuttles every 15 minutes. The airport remains crowded all the time, and you will witness long lines during security screenings.
However, the luxurious lounges facilitate premium quality showers to get refreshed after your long and exhausting flight. Abu Dhabi airport also offers a free public shower, right next to 32 and 37 departure gates, which are available for paying walk-in guests as well (without boarding card).
Abu Dhabi Airport Shower Facilities & Lounges
Abu Dhabi airport offers luxurious sleeping lounges equipped with elegant class shower rooms to enjoy refreshing bathe after a long haul flight. You can access them by a prepaid lounge pass, lounge membership programs, or by paying the fees while entering.
I have also shared a guide on Dubai Airport shower facilities should you be traveling between the two or in from one and out the other.
- Al Reem Lounge
Al Reem is a deluxe lounge located on the first floor in Terminal-1. It proffers a top-class bathroom and shower facilities to reenergize instantly. It boasts with facilities like open bar and 24 hours snacks. Spend your time watching high definition TV, reading newspapers, and magazines. This lounge will cost you AED 210 per person for 2 hours and AED 367.50 per person for 5 hours.
- Al Dhabi Lounge
Take a right turn after immigration to Terminal-1 and go up to the First Floor to reach this lounge. Relax in the prime quality bathroom and showers and enjoy a variety of beverages in its luxurious bar. Pamper your taste buds with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
You can also munch yummy snacks available 24×7. Avail of all these facilities with prepaid lounge passes, lounge membership programs, or paying entrance fees. Spend AED 210 per person for resting here for 2 hours and AED 367.50 per person for 5 hours.
- Diamond Lounge
The lounge is located in Terminal-1, Airside, next to the VIP Terminal. Open for 24×7, rejuvenate yourself after an elongated flight with luxurious shower facilities.
Abu Dhabi Airport First-Class Lounges
- Etihad First & Business Class Lounge
Find this lounge in Terminal 1(Inside Security), near gate 35. This premium lounge provides a bathroom with a shower, complimentary wifi, smoking rooms, and clothes pressing facilities. It is specially reserved for Eithad Business class passengers and Etihad Airways Partner airline guests.
- Etihad First Class Lounge & Spa
Located at Terminal 3, right-hand side after the security checkpoint, you can avail of a quality spa and shower to reenergize yourself. Coffee stations, relaxation areas, TV rooms, gourmet grab, and go buffets are available for visitor’s relaxation.
- Etihad Premium Lounge
The entrance to this premium lounge is at Terminal-3 near Gate 35. It comprises a range of deluxe spa services along with many luxurious service offerings. It is mainly reserved for Ethiad business class guests, Etihad Airline partner business class, and guests from Etihad airways partner airlines.
- Etihad Arrival Lounge
Walk down one level after Immigration and Customs in the Arrivals Hall to reach the entrance of this lounge. It encompasses 24×7 food availability, bathroom with showers, and baby changing facilities. However, it only serves the Etihad First and Business Class travelers.
- Etihad US Premium Lounge
It is located in Terminal 1, right after the US Customs area. This lounge is reserved for the people traveling from Abu Dhabi to the United States with a first or business class ticket.
Abu Dhabi Airport Hotels and Sleeping Pods
In case you do not wish to stay at the airport from a long flight journey, find a luxurious hotel in or near the airport.
- Sleeping Pods
To get one of the GoSleep pods, proceed to the airside (Upper Level, Terminal-3).
- Aerotel Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel – This hotel is located on Terminal-1 right side after the security control. It is available for all transit passengers and offers luxury amenities, power shower, free wifi, and more. Staying here 6 hours will cost you AED 270 for one person, Double Plus is AED 484, and Double Squared is AED 645. For a 30-minutes shower package, the cost is AED 75. You can also find one in the Arrivals
- Aerotel Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel – Find this hotel in Terminal-3, the transit area. It welcomes all transit passengers with wake up services, solo and double cabins free wifi, and more. You can also book rooms for just six hours. You can also find one in the departures area of Terminal 3 as well.
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport – This hotel is next to Skypark multi-story car parking, opposite to Terminals 1 and 3. Avail of an entirely free shuttle service to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Corniche, and Yas Island.
Abu Dhabi Airport WiFi Access
As mentioned above, free WiFi is available in Abu Dhabi airport with a speedy internet connection. Passengers can easily continue their important work or just kill time with entertainment, as there are 50 free internet kiosks. WiFi of Abu Dhabi airport connects to ADAC free wireless network, and the kiosks are found in the departure lounges of three terminals.
Other Facilities At Abu Dhabi
- Plenty of shops to keep you of occupied for last-minute souvenirs if you didn’t manage to check out the cheap shopping in Dubai.
- Abu Dhabi also has a spa where you can get massages, mani-pedi and other beauty and relaxation treatments.
- If you have a long layover you can also check out Abu Dhabi airport transfers to get into the city and explore before your next flight.
- Luggage storage is available for both short and long term, so perfect if you want to explore on a layover without your luggage.
- Abu Dhabi airport lockers can be found in terminal 1 and the Arrival Halls of the airport. Customers using the luggage storage lockers are required to fill in the documentation. Provide a passport to be copied and sign a disclaimer. A tag with a unique barcode will be scanned and attached to baggage before it is stored and a receipt will be provided.
Abu Dhabi airport encompasses all sorts of elements to make you relaxed while you wait to catch up on a flight. Luxurious lounges proficiently weave your time with more comfort and convenience. Entirely serviced shower rooms make you relaxed with soothing spas and showers.
Dine with an abundance of freshly made dishes or grab a glass full of chilled beverages if you wish. Besides, you can effortlessly utilize their business center where they offer fax, telephone, and internet access.
Heading To Abu Dhabi or Dubai? Also See:
- Things To Do In Abu Dhabi
- How To Get From Abu Dhabi From Dubai
- The Perfect Abu Dhabi And Dubai Itinerary
- Top 10 Things To Do In Dubai
- The Cheapest Way To Visit Burj Al Arab
- The Best Currency For Dubai
Pin For Later