- 1 Finding Where To Stay In Siem Reap Best Locations
- 2 Finding Unique Places To Stay In Siem Reap | Accommodation In Siem Reap Cambodia
- 3 Siem Reap Best Locations & Siem Reap Neighborhoods | Finding The Best Area To Stay In Siem Reap
- 4 Map of Siem Reap Cambodia
- 5 The Best Budget Places to Stay in Siem Reap – The Best Budget Hotels In Siem Reap Cambodia
- 6 The Best Places To Stay In Siem Reap For – Mid-Range and Luxury Hotels In Siem Reap
- 7 Hotels in Siem Reap Near Pub Street
- 8 Paying For Your Hotel In Cambodia
- 9 Siem Reap Airport Transports To Hotels And City Center
- 10 Siem Reap Tours
- 11 Search for deals for hotels in Siem Reap
Finding Where To Stay In Siem Reap Best Locations
Palm-fringed villas and gardens, all surrounding an inviting pool, with even better service are the makings of a perfect stay. In the land of $5 hour-long massages, you know you will be in for a relaxing stay. The beauty of our stay at Kiri Boutique Hotel was that in addition to the cheap and worth-every-buck massages you could get in the city, the hotel could arrange these in-house and have the masseuse come to our hotel room if all the temple running has got the best of us. Below I have listed a few spots covering most budgets just to get you started on your search if thinking of heading to Cambodia’s Siem Reap. Kiri Boutique hotel was also a short walk to Pub Street but also far away enough that we didn’t get the crazy traffic and noise of the entertainment area. I also stayed at another smaller hotel and spa in Siem Reap and will share that soon.
Finding Unique Places To Stay In Siem Reap | Accommodation In Siem Reap Cambodia
Choosing Where to stay in Siem Reap
Siem Reap Best Locations & Siem Reap Neighborhoods | Finding The Best Area To Stay In Siem Reap
Still confused about what is best area to stay in Siem Reap? Well below I cover the various Siem Reap neighborhoods and areas most of the hotels are located in Siem Reap. Central Siem Reap is organized around the Old Market, where a collection of French colonial buildings, shops and guesthouses are located. Wat Bo, one of the oldest temples in the city center, is also here. Siem Reap is quickly becoming a flourishing market town, and tourists can shop for gifts and souvenirs at Phsar Kandal, Phsar Leu and at the night market. More modern shopping venues are at the Museum Mall. To help you nail down the best accommodation in Siem Reap, Cambodia for your budget, below are Siem Reap neighborhoods when majority of the hotels in Siem Reap are located.
- Siem Reap Villages – There is a cluster of small villages, stretching along the Siem Reap River. These include Sala Kamreuk Village which is in central Siem Reap on the north side of the river that runs through the town. You can find beautiful Siem Reap riverside hotels in Cambodia. It’s an easy walk into the Old Market, Psar Chas, and Pub Street as are the other villages; Kruos Village, Svay Dangkum, Kouk Chak, Sla Kram. For places to Stay in Siem Reap Taphul Village Area click here. (See map below).
- The Old French Quarter and Sivath Boulevard – This is an old colonial center with colonial style French buildings and architecture. Sivatha Boulevard is one of the main streets in Siem Reap heading away from the Old Market area towards the Temples of Angkor. It’s lined with restaurants, shops mid-range and luxury hotels. Click here for hotels in the Old French Quarter in Siem Reap.
- Wat Bo & Wat Damnak – The villages Wat Bo and Wat Damnak riverside in Siem Reap are located on the east side of the Siem Reap river which is a quieter area of town with lovely restaurants, bars, good hotels and many guesthouses. For Siem Reap hotels in Wat Bo area and Wat Damnak click here.
- Charles Gaulle Boulevard – This is the road towards Angkor National Park or officially Charles de Gaulle Boulevard. It connects the center of Siem Reap with the Angkor Archaeological Park. For Siem Reap hotels in Charles Gaulle Boulevard click here.
- The Old Market – The area around the Old Market is the center of town and pretty much one of the best areas to stay in Siem Reap as this is where most of the restaurants, pubs, and shops can be found. It encompasses the Night Markets, Pub Street, the Pub Street Alleys and The Lane. For accommodation hotels in the Old Market area of Siem Reap click here.
Map of Siem Reap Cambodia
– Siem Reap Hostels don’t get any cheaper than £3.90 for a dorm bed and doubles for £8 and guess what, breakie is included too! For the best cheap place to stay in Siem Reap check outJasmine Family Hotel if you are on a tight budget.
– Angkor City Hotel is situated close to the airport and offers rooms from £28. Although there is a benefit to being close to the airport but is not that great if you are in Siem Reap for a few days as you will want to be close to the main hang out places like Pub Street.
– For the best hostel to stay in Siem Reap and more budget hostels and hotels click here.
The Best Places To Stay In Siem Reap For – Mid-Range and Luxury Hotels In Siem Reap
–Sofitel Royal Angkor– With landscaped gardens, luxurious and calm surroundings you will have a choice of three bars, a spa and many treatments to keep you busy so just make sure you don’t forget to explore the ruins and temples that brought you to Cambodia in the first place. Sofitel Roya is one of the top luxury hotels in Siem Reap. Rooms at Sofitel start from £150 to about £300 per night.
– Raffles Grand Hotel D’Angkor – This is a historical hotel with opulent surroundings and extensive facilities is one of the best luxury hotels Siemiem Eeap. It’s also one of the region’s best hotels and for that rooms and suites start at £150 all the way to £700 per night.
– Apsara Centrepole Hotel – Rooms here can range from £70 to £800 but perfectly located as its only a few minutes walk from Pub Street which is where you will spend the majority of your time while visiting Siem Reap.
– For an extensive list of the best place to stay in Siem reap click here for mid-range to luxury hotels.
Hotels in Siem Reap Near Pub Street
Where you stay in Siem Reap will highly depend on your budget, how long you are staying in Siem Reap and your purpose and whether relaxing or exploring is the main priority. What I would recommend though, is if you can try and find hotels in Siem Reap near Pub Street. This is the place where you will spend the majority of your time after exploring the temples. This is also the location where all the bars, restaurants, markets and many entertainment options are located.
Getting to your hotels is also made easy with the many Tuk Tuks that are around the area. You won’t have to pay more than $2/3 for a ride back to your hotel but watch out for the ones that will try and pull a fast one and ask for $5 “because there is too much traffic” on the road leading to your hotel. Half the time this is BS you can negotiate and pay an additional $1 if it was really late though and not too fussed about paying $5 for a ride – People gotta eat, right? It is still way cheaper than a taxi in London for a similar journey.
Paying For Your Hotel In Cambodia
Cambodian currency is Riel but USD is widely used and more than likely what your hotel will accept as payment unless paying by card. Same goes for shops. Best to bring USD than trying to go to Cambodia with the local currency as most actually prefer dollar.
Siem Reap Airport Transports To Hotels And City Center
Your hotel will either have a tuk-tuk waiting for you or you can take the local taxi. There is a taxi office at the exit of the Airport. Most will charge about $10-15 in and around the city. Most hotels are only about 10-30 minutes from the Airport. Be prepared for some taxi drivers being picking on who they take based on the location of your hotel. If it’s deemed to closed for them to bother they may refuse to take you but the taxi office may negotiate with another driver to take you. I found it rather silly but it’s something I have found in other countries too(yes, even London sometimes although based on too much traffic in a location rather than how much the cabbie can earn from the trip.) You can also arrange your transfer from airport to hotel in Siem Reapvia Viator. Most of these are under £5.