- 1 Where Should I Stay In Phuket?
- 2 Where To Stay in Phuket For Honeymoon?
- 3 Where Is The Best Area To Stay in Phuket?
- 4 Where To Stay In Phuket For couples?
- 5 Map Of Phuket Beaches
- 6 Best Places To Stay In Phuket
- 7 Where To Stay In Phuket | Our Stay at Ikon Hotel
- 9 Get From Phuket Airport To Hotels
- 10 More on Thailand:
Where Should I Stay In Phuket?
Where To Stay in Phuket For Honeymoon?
Where Is The Best Area To Stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket For couples?
Map Of Phuket Beaches
Best Places To Stay In Phuket
Best Places To Stay on Patong Beach In Phuket |Patong Beach Hotels
Patong Beach is the most well-known part of Phuket, partly due to its lovely Bangla Road. One of best places to stay is Patong Beach in Phuket as it has a dense concentration of bars and clubs and is the island’s primary nightlife destination. This is surrounded by a large number of hotels, ranging from budget guesthouses to small resorts leading to Phuket’s busiest beach. There are also a number of excellent restaurants, countless shops, several cultural attractions and various activities to enjoy in the area.
Patong offers the best places to stay in Phuket for nightlife. Below you will find places to stay in Patong Phuket in very budget.
Top Budget Hotels on Patong Beach
- Hello Yaya Residence – With only a 2-minute walk from Patong Beach, rooms also enjoy private balconies.
- The SR Residence – 800 meters from Jungceylon Shopping Center and not too far from the shores of the beach.
- Simple Boutique Sea Breeze – A 2-minute walk from Patong Beach and clean comfortable rooms.
- Phunara Residence – A well sought after hotel with only a minute’s walk from Patong Beach and Junceylon Shopping Center
Mid-Range Hotels on Patong Beach
- A Casa Di Luca – Located in Patong and only a kilometer from the popular Bangla Road. Features and outdoor pool and most rooms have a private balcony.
- Hotel Sole – is 300 meters from the city centre. It is a 5-minute walk from Jungceylon Shopping Centre and a 10-minute walk from Patong Beach.
- Kokotel Phuket Patong – located within walking distance of Patong Beach and nightlife spot, Kokotel Phuket Patong offers air-conditioned rooms with a balcony, a rooftop swimming pool, and a restaurant offering fresh seafood.
- Sunset View Bay – overlooking Patong and providing sea views in the distance, Sunset View Bay also provides free private parking.
Luxury Hotels on Patong Beach
- Mai House Patong Hill – Located on the hill leading to Patong, Mai House Patong Hill offers modern accommodation, an outdoor pool.
- Nap Patong – A 10-minute walk from Bangla Road, The Nap Patong offers luxurious accommodation and pool.
- Ramada Phuket Deevana Patong – Featuring an outdoor pool as well as a sauna, the modern Ramada Phuket Deevana Patong is located 1.2 km from Bangla Road and 1.15 km from Jungceylon Shopping Centre.
- Holiday Inn Express Beach Central – Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central is located across from Patong Beach. It offers smoking and non-smoking rooms with a private balcony and iPod docking station.
Villas and Apartments on Patong Beach
- BYD Lofts and Serviced Apartments – Just a 5-minute walk from Patong Beach, BYD Lofts offers stylish serviced apartments surrounded by shopping and nightlife options. Also features a rooftop pool.
- Le Versace Residence – offers accommodation in Patong Beach. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar and restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.
- The Unity Patong – Located in Patong and 500 meters from the beach area, The Unity Patong offers an outdoor infinity pool and a fitness center.
- Phuket Villa Patong Apartment – Set in Patong Beach, 400 meters from Jungceylon Shopping Center, 500 meters from Patong Boxing Stadium and 600 meters from Bangla Road, Phuket Villa Patong 1 bedroom Spacious Apartment provides.
Best Places To Stay On Karon Beach In Phuket | Karon Beach Hotels
Karon Beach is the third longest beach on the island and has attracted a number of large, sprawling resorts with designs which blend well with the surrounding nature. This gives a lot of Karon quite a relaxed air. You are also not too far from the lively nightlife and entertainment center that is Patong Beach. Karon is sometimes called ‘Patong’s little sister’. This makes Karon a great place for people who want to have a nightlife, shopping, and various attractions, but don’t necessarily want it right on their doorstep.
Top Budget Hotels on Karon Beach
Here you will find best and cheapest places to stay in Phuket on Karon Beach.
- Mellow Space Boutique Rooms – Just a 5-minute walk to Karon Beach, rooms features air-conditioned rooms. Kata Beach and Patong Beach are a 10-minute drive away.
- Pension Zum Ross – Located in the heart of Karon Beach, rooms features air-conditioning. Front desk, luggage storage facilities and free Wi-Fi in all areas.
- Karon Bay Inn – Set in Karon Beach, 500 meters from Karon Temple Wat Suvarnkiri, Karon Bay Inn has a bar. Popular points of interest nearby include Karon Night Market and Karon Roundabout.
- Paradise Inn – Paradise Inn is conveniently situated in the center of Karon’s entertainment area and a 5-minute walk from the beach.
Mid-Range Hotels on Karon Beach
- Baan Sailom Hotel – Located along Karon Beach, Baan Sailom Hotel features comfortable rooms with a private balcony and an outdoor pool.
- Manohra Cozy Resort – Surrounded by tropical gardens, Manohra Cozy Resort is located within 2 km from both Karon and Kata Beach. It offers a daily free shuttle to Karon Beach and free Wi-Fi.
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort – Situated 200 metres from beautiful Karon Beach, Best Western Phuket features 3 outdoor pools set in tropical landscapes. Featuring stunning ocean views, it has a beachfront restaurant and spa.
- Grand Sunset Hotel – Only 50 metres from Karon Beach and a 15-minute drive from vibrant Patong, Sunset Hotel provides beautiful accommodation with free Wi-Fi and private balconies. It has a spa and a pool.
Luxury Hotels on Karon Beach
- Pacific Club Resort – Perched upon a hilltop and only a 10-minute walk from Karon Beach, the uniquely-designed boutique Pacific Club Resort offers spectacular views and spacious accommodation with private balcony.
- Avista Grande By Sofitel – Featuring a terrace and a restaurant, Avista Grande Phuket Karon is located in Karon Beach.
- Hotel IKON – Situated on a hillside, Hotel IKON Phuket offers spacious rooms with free WiFi and views of Karon Beach and surrounding greenery. It features massages, an outdoor pool and free parking.(This is where we stayed. A more detailed review below.)
- Novotel Phuket – Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort And Spa boasts 3 outdoor pools, a spa and a 24-hour fitness centre. It offers rooms with a private balcony.
Villas and Apartments on Karon Beach
- Sea and Sky By Alegher Kata – offers comfy accommodation set within 1.6 km to the beaches of Karon and Kata. Guests have free access to the gym and two infinity pools.
- Karon Hill Apartments 2 – A few minutes’ walk from the beach, Karon Hill Apartment 2 offers self-catering accommodation with free WiFi and access to a communal outdoor pool.
- Karon View Apartments – A luxury apartment and only 400 metres from Karon Beach. It offers a two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen.
- Karon Butterfly Residence – Located on top of a hill in Karon Beach, Karon Butterfly Residence offers a terrace with sea views and a large outdoor pool.
Best Places To Stay In Kata Phuket | Kata Beach Hotels
The range of attractions around Kata Beach makes it a pretty good all-rounder as a holiday destination. Its beach is long and lively and is a particular favourite with surfers (from May to November) and student divers (there’s a cool reef to explore between the beach and Pu Island). The nightlife here is fun, but not too raucous. There are several great restaurants to choose from as well as shops, viewpoints and fun activities. It offers fun for all the family, making it a particularly popular destination for young couples travelling with children.
Top Budget Hotels In Kata Beach
Here you will find best and cheapest places to stay in Phuket on Kata Beach.
- Glitter House – Located only 700 meters away from Dino Park Mini Golf and 1.9 km from Kata Noi Beach, Glitter House offers air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi and free parking.
- We Love Kata – We Love Kata is a 10-minute walk from Kata Beach. It offers air-conditioned rooms with a balcony and free Wi-Fi.
- Garden Home Kata – A 5-minute ride from the white sands of Kata Beach, Garden Home Kata features cosy accommodation surrounded by the lush tropical greenery.
- Hotel Kata Hill Sea View – Less than a 5-minute walk from Kata Beach, Hotel Kata Hill Sea View features free WiFi throughout. Boasting an outdoor swimming pool, it provides a bar and free public parking on site.
Mid-Range Hotels In Kata Beach
- Ban Elephant Blanc – Offering a tropical garden, private bungalows, a 10-minute walk from Kata Beach. The property also has an outdoor pool.
- Two Chefs Inn – Located just 900 metres from Kata Noi Beach, Two Chefs Inn offers air-conditioned rooms with a balcony overlooking the beach.
- The Blue Pearl Kata Hotel – Offering an outdoor pool and a buffet restaurant, The Blue Pearl is 300 metres from Kata Beach. There is public parking available on a location nearby.
- Must Sea Boutique Hotel – A 5-minute walk to the beautiful Kata Beach, and offers stylish and comfortable rooms. This boutique hotel is a 10-minute walk to Karon Beach. Guests can relax in an outdoor swimming pool.
Luxury Hotels In Kata Beach
- Nook Dee Boutique Resort – Located about 640 metres from Kata Noi Beach, Nook Dee Kata Beach is a Thai-style boutique hotel offering an outdoor pool, spa and wellness centre and a restaurant.
- Sugar Marina Resort – Decorated in a nautical theme, Sugar Marina Resort – SURF – Comes complete with an outdoor pool, guests can work out in a fitness centre.
- The Yama Hotel – Offering an outdoor pool swimming pool and a fitness centre, The Yama Hotel Phuket is a 5-minute drive from Kata beachfront. It offers an on-site restaurant and a bar.
- Novotel Kata Avista Resort and Spa – Located on Kata Beach, Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa is set among green hills and offers sweeping sea views. The luxurious accommodation features spacious rooms with a balcony or terrace.
Villas and Apartments In Kata Beach
- The Beach By Glitter House – Offering an outdoor pool and a restaurant,The beach by Glitter House is located in Kata Beach. It features modern suites with air conditioning and free WiFi access in public areas.
- Luxury Apartment Karon Kata – an 8-minute walk from Dino Park Mini Golf and 3 km from Kata Noi Beach.
- Kata Top View by Lofty – An outdoor swimming pool and a garden are offered at Kata Top View by Lofty, which is set in Kata Beach, 2.2 km away from Kata Noi Beach and 2.3 km away from Dino Park Mini Golf.
- Mountain Seaview Luxury Apartments – Nestled up a hill surrounded by tropical forest, Mountain Seaview Luxury Apartments free WiFi access in all areas and barbecue facilities. A family rooms are also available.
Kamala Beach Hotels
The long, curved expanse of Kamala Beach and the little town behind it are just a short distance from Patong, but is practically the polar opposite. Far from being a hive of activity and nightlife but offers good places to stay Phuket airport in addition to Patong. Kamala is popular with retirees for its quiet atmosphere, relaxed pace and abundance of spas, villas and quality hotels. It has a very subdued nightlife, which mostly caters to those seeking a pleasant time instead of high-energy partying. The area best caters to those who are in no rush, want to take it easy, and are quite happy for lazing on the quiet beach to be the day’s most strenuous activity.
Top Budget Hotels In Kamala Beach
Here you will find best and cheapest places to stay in Phuket on Kamala Beach.
- The Umbrella House – The Umbrella House is set in Kamala, a 8-minute walk from the beach and 1.1 km from Phuket FantaSea.
- The Mareeya Place – Only 30 metres from Kamala Beach, also a restaurant on site.
- At Kamala Hotel – is situated 50 metres from Kamala Beach. It offers modern air-conditioned rooms with a private balcony. Sightseeing trips can be organised at the tour desk on on site.
- Ice Kamala Beach Hotel – is located 30-metres from Kamala Beach. It offers spacious rooms with a balcony . Guests also enjoy free parking.
Mid-Range Hotels In Kamala Beach
- Dengs Kamala Resort – Set at the beachfront with panoramic sea views, Dengs Kamala Resort offers spacious accommodation located in Kamala Beach. Delectable seafood platters can be sampled at the on-site restaurant.
- Peter Kamala Guesthouse – is a 5-minute walk form Kamala Beach. It offers air-conditioned rooms, and is equipped with a tour desk, laundry service and outdoor pool.
- The Regent Resort Phuket Kamala Beach – is located in Kamala Bay, a stroll from Kamala Beach. It features an outdoor pool and modern rooms with air conditioning.
Luxury Hotels In Kamala Beach
- Kamala Resortel – Located within 700 metres of Phuket FantaSea in Kamala Beach, Kamala Resotel features an outdoor swimming pool and a shared lounge, as well as free WiFi throughout the property.
- Glam Habitat – Offering a year-round outdoor pool, barbecue and sun terrace, Glam Habitat is located in Kamala Beach, 300 metres from Phuket FantaSea.
- Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach – Located on Kamala Beach, Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach is a 3-minute drive from Phuket FantaSea.
- Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort – Offering an outdoor infinity pool, Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort is situated up a steep hillside overlooking Kamala Bay at the southern tip of Kamala Beach.
Villas and Apartments In Kamala Beach
- Villa Cassiopiea – Complete with a garden and a terrace, Villa Cassopiea is set in Kamala Beach, 1.4 km from Phuket FantaSea and a 16-minute walk from Big C Market Kamala.
- Kyerra Villa By Lofty – Featuring a private pool, Kyerra Villa by Lofty is a detached villa set in Kamala Beach. The property is 600 metres from Phuket FantaSea and features views of the pool.
- Tian Blue Villa – Featuring a private infinity rooftop pool, sun terrace and garden, Tian Blue Villa offers a balcony overlooking the sea.
- The Seahore Kamala Service Apartment – The Seashore Kamala Service Apartment is located within a 5-minute walk from Kamala Beach and a 15-minute walk from Phuket FantaSea.
Phuket Town Hotels
The provincial capital and largest urban area of the island, Phuket Town’s narrow streets are filled with great restaurants, boutique shops and unique attractions. Below you will find the best places to stay in Phuket town. This is the ideal location for people who want every day of their holiday to be different; filled with new discoveries and new experiences. The town has absorbed many aspects of the varying cultures which have called it home over the centuries, making it also place of beautiful historic designs and features. Being the hub of local life, Phuket Town is probably the best place to get the “real Thailand” experience on the island and there are regular local markets to explore.
Top Budget Hotels In Phuket Town
Here you will find best and cheapest places to stay in Phuket on Karon Beach.
- Ritsurin Boutique Hotel – 400 metres from Thai Hua Museum, Ritsurin Boutique Hotel is located in Phuket Town and features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi.
- Surachet at 257 Boutique House – Located in Phuket Town, within 400 metres of Thai Hua Museum and a 5-minute walk of Chinpracha House, Surachet at 257 Boutique House offers accommodation with a shared lounge.
- Hop Inn Phuket – features air-conditioned accommodation in Phuket Town. The property is located 2.2 km from Thai Hua Museum, 2.3 km from Chinpracha House and 2.3 km from Old Phuket Town.
- Chinotel – Chinotel provides rooms with modern décor, a 30-minute drive from Patong Beach. Offering free WiFi, it is a 10-minute walk from the fresh market and various dining options.
Mid-Range Hotels In Phuket Beach
- The Besavana Phuket – is a hotel set in Old Phuket Town. Thai Hua Museum is 90 metres away and Chinpracha House is a 3-minute walk from the hotel.
- Xinlor House – Situated in Phuket Town, within 100 metres of Thai Hua Museum and a 3-minute walk of Chinpracha House, Xinlor House provides accommodation with a terrace.
- The Memory at On On Hotel – Located in the heart of Phuket Old Town, The Memory at On On Hotel provides comfortable private and dormitory rooms.
- The Malika Hotel – Set in Phuket Town, 1.2 km from Old Phuket Town, The Malika Hotel features air-conditioned accommodation and free bikes.
Luxury Hotels In Phuket Town
- Casa Blanca Boutique Hotel – Housed in a charming colonial building, a stroll from Phuket Old Town, Casa Blanca Boutique Hotel offers beautiful boutique accommodation with private balcony and views.
- Blu Monkey Hub and Hotel – Boasting free bikes, Blu Monkey Hub and Hotel is set in Phuket Town, 700 metres from Old Phuket Town. Among the various facilities are a garden, a shared lounge, as well as a bar.
- Novotel Phuket Phokeethra – Located in the heart of Phuket Town, Novotel Phuket Phokeethra offers an outdoor swimming pool and 180 stylish rooms and suites.
- Little Nyonya Hotel – an outdoor swimming pool, garden, a terrace and on-site dining in Phuket Town. This 4-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk, room service.
Villas and Apartments In Phuket Town
- CA Residence – Located in Phuket Town, CA Residence offers outdoor pool and a fitness centre. This self-catering accommodation features free Wi-Fi.
- Modern Thai Suites Hotel – Offering an outdoor pool and a restaurant, Modern Thai Suites Hotel is located in Phuket Town.
- The BASE Downtown By Favstay – Situated in Phuket Town, near Central Festival Phuket, Chao Fah Variety Market and King Power Phuket Complex, The BASE Downtown By Favstay guests can enjoy a fitness centre.
Rawai Beach Hotels
Rawai Beach is at the south-eastern tip of Phuket Island. Historically the very first tourist beach of Phuket, it somehow retained its local touch with the sea gypsy village and the many long-tail boats belonging to local fishermen anchored along its 2.5km length. The departure port for island-hopping to Coral and Racha islands, the atmosphere of Rawai is really tranquil compared to that of Patong. With only a few shops and nightlife options, the resort town nevertheless hosts a few great beachside restaurants. The accommodation scene of Rawai features a wide range of hotels and resorts from budget to five-star.
Top Budget Hotels In Rawai Beach
- Baan Sabai – Baan Sabai is conveniently located within a 5-minute drive from the sandy Nai Harn Beach with free shuttle service provided by the hotel.
- Purimas Resort – Boasting a garden, terrace, and free WiFi, Purimas Resortel is located in Rawai Beach, 2.8 km from Nai Harn Beach.
- Huga Place – This newly built Hotel Huga Place offers stylish and modern accommodation. It is just a 45-minute drive away from Phuket International Airport.
- Putterhouse – is located in Phuket Town, 1.77 km from Chalong Pier and 1.85 from Phuket Shooting Range. This property offers air-conditioned rooms and a free parking space.
Mid-Range Hotels In Rawai Beach
- Vivi Boutique Room – Vivi Boutique room is a 10-minute drive from Rawai Beach. It offers modern air-conditioned rooms with balcony and free Wi-Fi. The hotel is equipped with a pool and airport shuttle.
- Smile Residence – Featuring free WiFi and an outdoor pool, Smile Residence offers accommodation in Rawai Beach. The property is located about a 10-minute drive to Nai Harn, Kata and Karon beaches.
- The Idol Boutique Resort and Villa – A 5-minute drive from Naiharn Beach, The Idol Boutique Resort & Villa offers spacious studios with a fully equipped kitchen. This hotel features an outdoor swimming pool and a bar .
- The Windmill Phuket Hotel – Boasting an outdoor pool and a restaurant, The Windmill Phuket Hotel is located in Rawai. It is just a 2-minute walk from Yanui Beach and about 800 metres from Promthep Cape.
Villas and Apartments In Rawai Beach
- Rawai Ya Nui Villas – is situated 400 metres from Rawai Beach and about 1 km from Ya Nui Beach. The villas are located in a secure estate with a 24-hour security system and daily maid services.
- Apartments in The Title Resort Rawai – Situated in Rawai Beach, Apartments in The Title Resort Rawai offers a year-round outdoor pool and sauna. Free private parking is available on site.
- Villa Alia – Villa Alia offers a two-bedroom villa with private pool and free WiFi. The villa provides shuttle and laundry services at additional cost.
- Saturdays Residence – offers modern and spacious suites, along with an outdoor swimming pool. Free WiFi is available. It is a 10-minute drive from Nai Harn Beach and the Rawai Beach area.
Other Beach Towns In Phuket
Mai Khao Beach – it is the island’s most northern and most peaceful beach, good for long and languorous seaside strolls. You’ll not find resort after resort here but rather a healthy distance between each. This is where Renaissance Hotel is located and where we stayed.
Surin Beach – Surin’s clear waters are good for snorkeling or kayaking. Boogie boarding and surfing are also popular activities.