Whether you are going on a domestic flight or an international flight, traveling surely has to be comfortable. I get a stiff neck if I get to sit for more than five hours at a stretch. However, if we are talking of more than 14 hours of flight across the Atlantic or continents, you cannot compromise on comfort. Our body and mind will need to calm down and sleep comfortably.
The best position you can probably get on your air carrier is a push back seat. I find the travel pillows are the best aids in this respect since they provide ample support to the neck. Moreover, it stops you from letting your head fall awkwardly on your co-passengers shoulder as you doze off. This is why investing in an inflatable pillow is more of a necessity than a comfortable accessory for long haul fliers.
When it comes to choosing the best travel pillow for long haul flights, a little research goes a long way. All the work has been done so you don’t have to…
- 1 Types of Travel Pillows Available
- 2 Top 20 Travel Pillows for Long Haul
- 2.1 BCOZZY Chin Supporting Patented Travel Pillow
- 2.2 Trtl Pillow Super soft neck support
- 2.3 Travelrest-Therapeutic-Washable-Micro-Fiber-Perfectly
- 2.4 Fosmon Travel Neck Pillow, Memory Foam Neck Cushion
- 2.5 Newdora Neck Pillow Travel Pillow
- 2.6 Life Hall Travel Pillow
- 2.7 J Pillow Travel Pillow
- 2.8 Purefly Travel Pillow
- 2.9 Ecosafeter Portable Travel Pillow
- 2.10 Globe Trek Soft Comfortable Hooded Neck Travel Pillow
- 2.11 Memory Form Travel Pillow
- 2.12 Yarrashop Memory Foam Travel Pillow
- 2.13 Huzi Infinity Pillow
- 2.14 AIRGOODS Head Supporting Travel Pillow
- 2.15 Samsonite Global Travel Accessories
- 2.16 SZHTFX Cool Version Breathable Pillow
- 2.17 Ostrich Pillow Original Travel Pillow
- 2.18 Eagle Creek Exhale Neck Pillow
- 2.19 WENDSIM 3-in-1 Pillow
- 3 What Are The Best Travel Pillows?
- 4 Need More Travel Tips? Also See
Types of Travel Pillows Available
There is everything you can think of nowadays, from down travel pillows, blow up neck pillows, memory form pillows, face cradle travel pillows and inflatable. Just to name a few. Below are some of the common types you will find when searching for travel pillows for airplanes on sites like Amazon or NotOnTheHighStreet. Then many now offer some of the best neck support for air travel.
- BCOZZY Pillows – with chin support: If you tend to go off to deep sleep within minutes of being airborne, this BCOZZY Pillows with chin support is ideal for you. The pillow is customizable to suit the seat position and offers peripheral support to the neck and chin.
- Trtl Pillow: Made from soft material, the foam padding and the microfleece lining make sure you get comfort. The travel pillow is lightweight and works as a neck rest.
- U-Shaped Pillow: Giving your shoulders and neck the ultimate relaxation as you fly for long is the U-Shaped pillow. It is made of soft memory foam and ideal for preventing a stiff neck.
- J Pillow: Offering support to neck, chin, and the head is the J-Shaped pillow. It is very comfortable who likes to sleep on one side.
- Inflatable Pillow: Inflate it to the thickness you want. The memory foam and soft padding make it ideal for a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Hooded Neck Pillows: It is ideal for those who feel cold all the time. Wear in the hoodie and let it double up as a neck rest and pillow.
- Memory Form Pillow: Memory foam is ideal for providing sufficient comfort as you lie back on the pillow. It distributes your head’s weight evenly and does not roll up on the other side. The pillow is common in use these days.
- Infinity Pillow: Whether you are using it during your airport layover or during flight, the infinity pillow is one of the most comfortable and yet most compact ones. It is light and durable, offering sufficient warmth to your entire body.
- Head Supporting Travel Pillow: With its fabric and design, allowing your head to stay in position, this is ideal for a long flight. It is also perfect for anyone whose head tends to bob or slip out.
- Ostrich Pillow: The Ostrich pillow for traveling comes in various styles of a napping pillow, a desk pillow, or even a light pillow to wear over your eyes as a blindfold.
- Wendsim Pillow: It is a compact travel pillow to give your chin, head, and neck support. It has a shoulder holding design to hold the pillow in place as you catch forty winks.
Top 20 Travel Pillows for Long Haul
Above I have talked about the types of airplane sleeping pillows available, below are my top recommended best pillows to sleep on plane rides. Comfortable airplane pillows are an essential part of making sure you feel refreshed after a long haul flight. In addition to having a comfortable air travel cushion to help you snooze away, make sure you stay hydrated internally as well as using beauty mask sheets to hydrate the skin externally.
This travel pillow comes in six different colors. It is lightweight and easy to attach to your carry-on. I like it because of its overlapping arms to stop the head from falling forward. It is adjustable and comes in three sizes of a child, adult, and XL. Furthermore, the neck pillow has side boosters, chin support, and flat back design to help you sleep in the position you want without slipping forward or sideways. Price From: £29.97. Buy From Amazon.
It comes in a zebra pattern and four different colors. It is a scientifically proven neck support pillow for ergonomically holding the head in place during rest. Not just the neck, the patented design ensures support to fit any neck shape, jaw, and shoulder. Adjust the pillow to your needs for a comfortable sleep so that you feel refreshed after sleeping. The easily attachable pillow weighs only 148 grams, and it is better than a traditional u-shaped pillow. I find it comfortable for use in long drives too. Price: £24.95. Buy From Amazon.
The pillow is made from thermo-sensitive memory foam to give the best neck, shoulder, and head support. NASA originally developed it. It gives great support to those who suffer from chronic pain. It is quite cozy to use, and the adjustable drawstrings help in customizing the fit and preventing the pillow from moving. The zipped microfiber cover is plush and soft. Price: £9.95. Buy From Amazon.
This soft memory-foam travel pillow prevents the neck from dropping when in use. I like the ergonomic design it has and the way it fits any size neck. The adjustable buckle helps in customizing the pillow to the height you need. Its memory foam has mesh side panels keeping you cool without any problem in support. We can separate the nylon mesh liner and removable cotton and throw directly into the wash. The pillow is ideal for use even in a crammed automobile or anywhere else. Price: £15.99. Buy From Amazon.
The memory foam travel pillow comes with an ergonomic design to support the head, neck, and shoulders by adapting to the curve of the head. It eliminates any discomfort and fatigue and allows sleeping in any way you want. The washable cover is another feature. Price: £15.95. Buy From Amazon.
I like this pillow since it is compatible with all body sizes and easy to adjust for the comfort of users. It is foldable and made of 100% pure memory foam with no additives. It is the reason for the plush nature of this pillow. Price: £8.49. Buy From Amazon.
An award-winning design and among the best travel pillows for long haul flights. If you are looking for superb support for your head, chins, and neck in any sitting position, don’t look further. You can twist and conform it to any position making it great for long flights. The J-Shaped pillow helps in keeping the head from bobbing forward. Sit and twist the pillow in any position you want. It has a great design to support you in all positions. It has a handy snap-loop fastener to attach it to the luggage. Price: £22.95. Buy From Amazon.
You can find it ideal for using this pillow anywhere, and since it comes in a pouch, carrying it around will be effortless. It is inflatable, and I found it giving the head enough support to keep it upright. The soft micro-velvet fabric is lightweight and washable. Just press on a button and inflate the pillow to the height you feel most comfortable without any hassle. Price: £12.95. Buy From Amazon.
The support pillow is fluffy and completely in accord with the travel experts’ recommendations. The removable cover is easy to clean. The high-density memory foam raised side support offers 360 degrees of head and cervical comfort. I found the soft velour and breathable inner cover making it more comforting than the others. Price: £9.99. Buy From Amazon.
If you want something compact to cover your head and shoulders, I recommend this one. It is easy to transport, and the fabric is filled with supporting polystyrene microbeads that adjust to the curve of your head and neck. I find its flexibility and adjustable drawstrings to give the hooded pillow a perfect fit. Price: £6.59. Buy From Amazon.
The striking feature of this pillow is the presence of a unique U-shape. I find the pillow to be the best for those on the go since it protects the cervical vertebrae on 360 degrees. The zipper is hidden in the reverse side of a pillow to avoid direct contact with the skin. Price: £21.99. Buy From Amazon.
The high-quality 4-second slowly rebounding memory foam travel pillow core and the soft silver fox texture gives softness to the skin. The travel pillow has an adjustable rope design to adapt to a variety of body sizes. Additionally, the premium microbeads inside and the washable sweat-resistant fabric all add to the pillow being your ideal travel companion. Price From: £17.99. Buy From Amazon.
This is a great window or desk pillow designed to give you peace and relief from neck pain. I found this wrap-around design truly suitable for sleeping anywhere. The bamboo fabric makes the pillow cool and even better than cotton. It is crisp to touch and helps the muscles to relax. Price: £34.99. Buy From Amazon.
The multifunction travel pillow is inflatable and a great example for those looking at face cradle travel pillows. The unique shape and design are what attracted me to this pillow. It gave head and neck alignment to relax the muscles and put the body to rest. It is easy to store away as it is inflatable. The PVC flocking helps to eliminate fatigue. Price: £18.99. Buy From Amazon.
The easy-to-carry pillow is made of 50% polyester and 50% PVC. The pillow has a special bolster section to support your head and neck in a more comfortable position. The soft fabric is breathable, and the bolster section allows your head from nodding forward or slipping on the side. Price: £14.63. Buy From Amazon.
Airplane sleeping pillows have now embraced fully the use of memory foam in their designs. The memory foam supports the neck, head, and chin in any sitting position. The 100% polyester fiber and the ergonomically curved cervical support design make it a handy travel accessory. The pillow has a storage bag, and I recommend it is ideal for the people of all age groups. Price: £6.00. Buy From Amazon.
Pegged as one of the best neck support travel pillows on the market. The brand name is one of the most recommended ones. It is ideal for a power nap and the people sleeping on the desk. It gives an immersive feel like being in a cocoon, allowing you to sleep anywhere. The viscose and elastomer fabrics and microbead filling give superb comfort to the user. Price: £69.99. Buy From Amazon.
This pillow comes only in one size, and it is inflatable. It does not require a lot of pressure on inflating it. The pillow is made from soft fabric and filling. It has a fleece cover and is washable too. This feels soft against the skin. The pillow is easy to store after use since it is small. The adjustable drawstring is another feature you might notice. Price: £25.48. Buy From Amazon.
The pillow is great for offering support to your neck and chin. It is great to hold your head and support it as you read, sleep, or wish to relax on a long journey. You can even fold and carry it around with ease. Price: £19.99. Buy From Amazon.
What Are The Best Travel Pillows?
Travel pillows have evolved today, and you can see from the list above on the best travel pillows available in the market. You will find these pillows with fluffy stuffing and comfortable fabric liners to make you sleep peacefully. You may be a jet setter, but surely, no one can function on less sleep. You might rather look forward to sleep in transit so that you feel fit and fresh on reaching your destination.
Jet lag hits fliers of all age groups, and lack of sleep adds to the discomfort too. This is why investing in a quality travel pillow for catching up on a good night’s sleep during travel is necessary. The memory foam pillows are super-soft and very comfortable along with being very user-friendly. These pillows are with breathable covers; some even get natural fabrics for the same to add to the comfort factor of these pillows. I suggest you look forward to sleeping well and say goodbye to stiff back and neck issues as you take off on a long journey forward.
Need More Travel Tips? Also See
- Jet Set Ready With Simply Cyn
- Essential Travel Items To Pack When Going To Europe
- What To Pack For Europe In Spring
- The Best Areas To Stay In London
- How To Spend 5 Days In Paris
- The Best Itinerary For Athens Santorini & Mykonos
- Top 20 Things To Do In Iceland
- Money-Saving Tips For Visiting London On A Budget
- How To Plan A Trip To Australia
- What To Buy For Someone Going Abroad
Pin For Later