Are you planning on a trip to a European country? Sure you are, considering I shared a post on 20 amazing destinations to visit in Europe. If this is the can, then you might also have several questions in your mind like what is the best luggage to take to Europe. What kind of luggage to take to Europe? There are several types of bags available online to satisfy your traveling style so with this post I wanted to provide a little insight into how to choose the best travel bag to take to Europe.
These days where ever you are travelling and in this case Europe, your luggage needs to be light in weight to help you avoid or reduce your luggage fee in airlines. It does not matter whether you are traveling by cruise, train, or airways, you need to have the right luggage type to make your trip convenient, comfortable, and secure. It also needs to be easy to carry in addition to being suitable to the type of trip and length you are taking.
Convenient Luggage Types to Use in Europe
In addition to making sure you have all the essentials for a trip to Europe, you need to make sure you have the right bag for the type and length of the trip. Below are some for the different types of luggage with tips on the best ones for which trip.
- The Weekender
Weekend bags are considered the most versatile and practical piece of luggage developed for short trips. It is comfortable enough to take a few days of clothing and compact enough to stow at the overhead compartment. These luxurious and smart accessories seem to deserve a special place in the traveler arsenal. It is easy to carry around and available in all materials, colors, and styles to suit everyone’s requirements. Thus, packing a bag for Europe is easy by having a weekender on your side for quick getaways. Weekender bags also make for the perfect business travel bag too.
- The Duffel Bag
Starting from the gymnasium bag to the trusted travel companion, there is perhaps no other luggage or bag as versatile as the duffel bag. This specific luggage comes with the added benefit of trolleys. It comes in two forms such as traditional handled and wheeled bag. These bags have a huge capacity of a prime compartment to have easy access from the huge zipper opening.
You stuff as much clothes as you can manage, as they can have a much higher capacity than a weekender bag and for you to go to Europe. I suggest you get the best lightweight luggage for Europe to make your travel comfortable and easy. Compared to a weekender bag, duffel bags with the capacity and style of bag, these are suitable for longer trips to as much as a carryon suitcase.
- Carryon Wheeled Suitcase
If you are searching for the best luggage for European travel, then your search factor ends here. Of course, carry-on wheeled suitcase is considered the most convenient and reliable travel luggage. If you are looking forward to carrying a small suitcase with less stuffing in it and do not want to face the hassle of checking in bags, then carry on suitcase is the right option.
There are various colors and sizes available so pick up the perfect one depending on your preference. To make the most of a carryon suitcase I would highly recommend using packing cubes, it makes it so much easier to organise your suitcase as well as help you pack only what you need for the length of your trip. You can separate you clothing from shoes, gadgets and underwear to utilise every corner of your carryon suitcase.
- Day Backpacks
If you are looking for best size luggage for European travel for quick overnight trips then I would recommend day bags. These bags are perhaps the most reliable and durable among all other types providing the freedom of movement and space for you. Being sturdy, slick, and spacious, you can consider the day backpacks bags to make your travel luxurious and comfortable.
Moreover, it seems to be the best luggage for Europe train travel as well. Again these come in varying styles and sizes too, be usually are on the smaller side compared to duffels, carryons and weekenders. Day backpacks are also great for taking out on a day of exploring too, from city exploring to hiking day bags.
I have found them great when I am travelling for quick weekend trips too in much the same way as a weekender bag. I can stuff them with my camera, laptop, an outfit a little beauty bag and on I go. Another benefit of travelling with a day bag, weekender or cabin carryon bag is that you dont have to check-in luggage and therefore as soon as the plane lands you can just get through immigration without having to wait for luggage to turn up.
- Backpacking Backpack
Are you planning a great adventure and looking for the best lightweight luggage for international travel? Whether you are off on a year of international traveling or a weeklong mountain hike, you require a roomy rucksack to carry with you. During such circumstances, consider the great backpacking rucksack, which seems to be lightweight, comfortable, and spacious.
The backpacking backpack is an ideal way to have an enjoyable and comfortable trip. Great for packing all your essentials for long trips in one great back. Backpacking bags come in different sizes too, from 25L, 45, 65, 70L or 85L, make sure you buy one suitable for both your height and gender. As you are going to be carrying a lot of weight make sure you by one that is suitable for your body and has comfortable straps and spaces. Other things to consider include:
- Weight and material – whether its water-resistant to keep your clothes dry when traveling in terrible weather.
- Comfort – make sure you have a padded back, with adjustable padding in the hip belt and chest area.
- Compartments – make sure there are enough compartments to help you keep things organised. Remember, depending on whether the trip is a trekking trip, backpacking trip or long term city exploring you may have various equipment that you need to have and keep organised. For example camping equipment, festival gear, mountaineering equipment and more.
Best Brands To Check Out For European Travel Luggage
- Amazon Basics – It is the best brand to carry luggage for your European travel on a budget. These great value suitcases are known for competitive price rates and exceptional quality. The price rate of its products is around £42. This specific brand is budget-friendly for travelers. I have backpack and suitcase set from Amazon that have served me well on trips around Europe and even as far as Africa, without falling apart.
- Pierre Cardin – It is another branded bag suitable for travel purposes. This brand features a telescopic handle, packing straps, and zip closure. The bag casing vary from hard shell to soft material. The luggage weight can be either 4.5kg and are suitable for both short and trips longer than a week. Pierre Cardin bags are suitable for international and local travel. The cost will be around £60 to £90.
- Samsonite – The Samsonite branded luggage is a great option for exceptional quality and also known to be great value suitcases. It is also available on Amazon website at various prize rates. Samsonite bags are built to last and ensured to make your travel easy and comfortable. The brand has been in existence for several decades and has created a powerful reputation for providing stylish, durable luggage at a reasonable rate.
- Kono – Do you want to know how to pack for a Europe trip? Then you are not left alone. Of course, you are gifted with exceptional quality Kono brand bags to make your travel comfortable. You can take these branded bags anywhere you want because it is known for its durability and great value.
- Tripp – Tripp is another important and the best luggage for European travel. The cost of the bag is approximately £40, and great values for your money spend. Various models and types are available in Tripp brands, including luggage sets, travel accessories, carry-ons, suitcases, and many others. It is made of durable material so that your packing will be safe throughout the travel and lightweight to shift during the airline or in railways.
- Romowa – Are you packing for a European vacation? If yes, then Romowa is the topmost choice when it comes to high-quality travel bags. This specific brand is specialized in providing modern and innovative luggage designs, providing everything from carry-ons to the medium as well as large size suitcases. These bags are made of the sleek and strongest material to ensure you enjoy wonderful travel with peace of mind.
- Tumi – It is yet another famous luggage brand offering both soft and hard shell suitcases in terms of stylish designs. They also provide full luggage sets for the people who are looking for the best value for their money spend without compromising the quality. They are also well known for standing behind the products with wonderful customer service to make you feel confident with the utmost purchase.
I hope the above shades some light on the best type of luggage for Europe. If you need additional inspiration I have share a post on travel outfits for a trip to Europe in addition to what to pack for Europe in Spring.
Heading To Europe? Also Read:
- Top Tips To Help You Embark On Your First Trip
- Guide To The Best Islands To Visit In Greece
- How To Plan The Perfect Trip To Italy
- The Perfect Itinerary For London Paris & Amsterdam
- How To Spend A Day In Lisbon
- What You Need To Know About Hiking Trolltunga
- Money-Saving Tips For A Trip To London
Pin For Later