Amsterdam Brewery Tours | Cool Brewery Tours In Amsterdam To Check Out

If the first thing you think is beer, red light district, food and canals whenever you think of Amsterdam then you are in the right place because this post is all about Amsterdam Brewery tours and all things Amsterdam beer. I have sampled many a beer, wine and food tour, some of which you may have read about in my Eating Amsterdam Food Tour post and if you want to impress a girlfriend, wife, partner or Husband or boyfriend then High Wine food experience at the Dylan Hotel is a must.

Many of the tours in Amsterdam take you a tour of the canals. They provide stunning backdrop to the city’s historical centre, floating down Amsterdam’s canals is one of the most memorable ways to discover the city’s sights and attractions. Whether you’re a first-time or frequent visitor, everything in Amsterdam seems a bit more magical when viewed from a boat.

If you are a lover of fine winery and great food then that’s right up your alley. The food and unique wine pairing is so good that I am still dying to head back for a treat. So without further ado, on to experience Amsterdam’s best beers. Experience in the brewery, and on canal cruises – because, well you are in a city of canals so how else can you experience the finest of Dutch beers?! And if you are not too hangover the morning after you can walk it off in the beautiful… Amsterdam Park Post Link here!

Also See

The Best Amsterdam Brewery Tours | Cool Things To Do In Amsterdam - small group amsterdam beer tour - amsterdam brewery tour windmill

The Best Amsterdam Brewery Tours - Best breweries in amsterdam - Amsterdam touring and more!

Top Amsterdam Brewery Tours | Small Group Amsterdam Beer Tours

Below are walking tours, bike tours and boat tours discovering brews and tales Amsterdam has to offer.  Most canal cruises take around an hour, in which you’ll explore Amsterdam’s UNESCO protected canal ring and discover plenty of interesting facts about the city along the way. This is perfect way to discover all the things to do in Amsterdam and get your bearings on the city. Also on offer are excellent one-hour options, other types of canal cruises available include practical hop-on-hop-off services, romantic candle-lit tours, child-friendly adventures and intimate guided boat tours for smaller groups.

1. Heineken Experience Tours

This tour experience is a must for beer lovers in Amsterdam. It is a 90-minute self-guided tour where you’ll learn the history of the Heineken beer family, find out how the brand’s logo has evolved over time and of course, taste the goods. It is a blend of knowledge and fun in Amsterdam beer history.

1. Amsterdam Combo Beer Tour

Do you desire an awesome opportunity to see Amsterdam in all its glory? Well, here is it! This Amsterdam beer tour offers atmospheric canals, a wonderful food and drinking scene and art masterpieces everywhere you look. You will definitely have a great time Amsterdam touring by boat and of course with beer flowing.

1. Canal Cruise and Heineken Experience Tour

See one of the best breweries in Amsterdam. With this 75 minute cruise, you have the awesome opportunity to admire the sights of Amsterdam. Guess what? This tour allows you to complement your cruise with fast-track entry to the Heineken Experience at the beer’s former Amsterdam brewery. Isn’t that super amazing?

The Best Amsterdam Brewery Tours - Tops Windmill beer tasting in Amsterdam - Heineken Brewery tour amsterdam tickets and more.

1. Amsterdam Craft Beer Tour

Hungry for adventure and thirsty for beer? This is the tour for you. Amsterdam boasts of some of the finest craft beer in Europe and this is a great opportunity to quench that thirst! It is a tour of some of Amsterdam’s finest craft beer establishments and tasting houses.

1. Small Group Tour Of Amsterdam Beer Tours

This Amsterdam City beer tour showcases some of Amsterdam’s quality bars. It is a 3-hour evening tour limited to 12 beer lovers. A tour guide takes you around the beautiful city of Amsterdam and on the list of places to visit is a beer hall which has more than 200 types of beer!

1. Hop-on Hop-Off Boat Day Pass

This tour is a golden experience! It offers a 24 or 48-hour Boat Pass plus entry to the Heineken Experience. Cruise the Amsterdam’s scenic waterways and you can hop on and off at any of the 7 to 9 stops (depending on the season) located near the city’s top attractions.

The Best Amsterdam Brewery Tours | Cool Things To Do In Amsterdam - small group amsterdam beer tour - amsterdam beer factory   The Best Amsterdam Brewery Tours | Cool Things To Do In Amsterdam - small group amsterdam beer tour - amsterdam beer factory

1. Full-Day Total Amsterdam Cycling and Food Tour

Ideal for lovers of culture and cuisine, this tour provides a comprehensive overview of Amsterdam’s historical, architectural, and culinary delights in just one day! It is limited to just 12 people so that you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide, and have a great time out exploring the beautiful city.

1. Beer and Cheese In Amsterdam

Your trip to Amsterdam is incomplete without sampling some Gouda or Edam cheese and throwing back a few beers as you take on the city’s urban adventures.  Learn about local beers and the process of making beer and the steps to cheese making in a themed tour! This tour provides you with the opportunity to learn as well as have a great fun experience.

1. Amsterdam Custom Tour

This Custom Tour lets you build your own tour experience! You are paired with an experienced guide that has a wealth of knowledge at their command, and the moment they join you, it will be at yours too!

1. 2-Hour Amsterdam City Centre Bike Tour

Join the locals and explore the most beautiful and trendy neighbourhoods including the Jordaan and De Pijp while a guide shares insight into Amsterdam’s fascinating history and modern culture in this 2-hour bike tour.

Also See

Pin For Later

24 Comments

1. January 20, 2019 / 3:51 pm

The beer and cheese museum sounds so cool! I never thought about this as a great tasting experience, as we always tend to associate cheese with wine pairings, but I believe this would be a fun experience! Adding Amsterdam beer bike tours to the list of cool brewery tours in Amsterdam to check out.

January 24, 2019 / 4:12 pm

Yes, definitely worth checking out. Also don’t skip out on the Heineken experience Amsterdam tickets before they sell out.

2. January 21, 2019 / 2:54 am

Bianca, I had no idea you can take brewery tours in Amsterdam! Have you tried some of them yourself? What was your favourite one? Thank you for sharing, great ideas for the next time visit 🙂

January 24, 2019 / 4:13 pm

Yes, I have done one and also the canal boat beer tour in Amsterdam. All really good and worth checking out when you Visit Amsterdam.

3. January 21, 2019 / 6:27 am

I loved Amsterdam even though I got super lost there. I only spent a weekend but want to go back. This one of these brewery tours in Amsterdam will definitely be on the itinerary. Thanks for putting this list together.

January 24, 2019 / 4:32 pm

Yes, this an maybe a boat cruise in Amsterdam are among must-dos in the city. I believe there is also a free canal tour Amsterdam you can check out too.

4. Rahat
    January 22, 2019 / 9:30 am

Amsterdam is a really very beautiful city. My one of my favorite places in the World. I did one of the best canal cruise Amsterdam these tours look like I need to check them out.

January 24, 2019 / 6:00 pm

Yes Amsterdam is such a beautiful city.

5. January 22, 2019 / 1:10 pm

Thanks for the great tips and ideas on what to do in Amsterdam! It’s such a great city to visit and never enough time to see it all! These brewery tours look like a treat!

January 24, 2019 / 5:52 pm

Yes, totally worth checking out.

6. January 22, 2019 / 6:49 pm

That looks like a good place to have a pub crawl. I don’t drink alcohol, but I wouldn’t mind going there in a good company of friends.

January 24, 2019 / 4:49 pm

Yes, there are also many tours in Amsterdam that don’t revolve around alcohol.

7. Renata Green
    January 22, 2019 / 8:09 pm

When last visiting Amsterdam, I wasn’t into beer, yet. Only after a weekend trip to Düsseldorf where I joined a food tour, I became a part-time beer drinker. Next time, I need to try Dutch beer when in Amsterdam as these brewery tours in Amsterdam look super cool.

January 24, 2019 / 3:36 pm

Oh I love Dusseldorf. One of my favourite cities in Germany. I will have to go back and check out the food tours there.

8. January 23, 2019 / 5:48 am

Ahhh Amsterdam and beer, go together better than anything! Awesome article on the best brewery tours, will be sure to check them out

January 24, 2019 / 4:38 pm

Yes the perfect combination huh? Would love to return to Amsterdam as well soon.

9. Yukti Agrawal
    January 23, 2019 / 6:23 am

Wow, I never knew that there are so many brewery tours in Amsterdam. The canals of Amsterdam are truly amazing but with them going for a brewery tour must be also an interesting thing to do here. Thanks for sharing all the detailed information.

January 24, 2019 / 4:35 pm

Welcome! Glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, the beer tours in Amsterdam tours are well worth checking out.

10. January 23, 2019 / 6:39 am

That’s a great guide for brewery tours in Amsterdam. I’d love to take the bike tour and food tour whenever I visit Amsterdam. Custom tour too sounds like a great option as it gives a lot of freedom planning as per our interests. One of the Amsterdam beer tours has to be on the cards when I visit for sure.

January 24, 2019 / 3:33 pm

Yeah, I absolutely love doing tours when I travel as it help you get the bearings around the city and of course one cannot visit Amsterdam without experiencing one of the tours.

11. January 23, 2019 / 6:53 am

I love such tours and adding one of the Heineken brewery Amsterdam tours totally adds to your away Amsterdam itinerary. I went on a bar hopping tour in Bangkok and absolutely loved it. I seriously need to add one of the Amsterdam beer tours to my list when I visit Amsterdam.

January 24, 2019 / 2:59 pm

You and mee both. I tried one of the canal boat tours in Amsterdam as well as one of the food tours. Would definitely do another one again when I visit.

12. January 23, 2019 / 8:41 pm

Alcohol and cheese go hand-in-hand, don’t they! These Amsterdam brewery tours look awesome. Would love to check out the Amsterdam craft bear tours. Some great tips in this post and with some exercise thrown in too! Thanks for sharing Bee! Hopefully, I won’t get pulled over for being drunk while cycling anytime soon! 🙂
    Jaz

January 24, 2019 / 2:53 pm

Yes, pretty cool right! You cannot visit Amsterdam and not check out one of the Amsterdam beer tours. There are walking tours, canal boat tours and bike tour so you combine fun, relaxation and exercise too. 😀