There a million and one things to do in Paris but in this post we will only cover 20 of those. A city that draws in millions of visitors from around the world in search of the picture-perfect, romantic shot with your lover.
Fashionistas exploring the most famous and fashionable quarter of the city, there is always something for everyone. Most people visit the city over the weekend but there is all so much more to the city that a weekend is never enough that you have to return many times to the city of light.
With so much to see and do in the city I thought I would compile a list of things to see and do in Paris to help you get started as well as not miss out on what the city has to offer. For inspiration on where to stay when you visit Paris, you can check out my stay on Champs Elysees with views of Arc de Triomphe and my Paris Apartment with views of the Eiffel Tower.
- 1 Top 20 Things To Do In Paris
- 1.1 1. See Mona Lisa at the Louvre
- 1.2 2. Eat Macaroons
- 1.3 3. Experience the sunrise in Paris on Trocadero
- 1.4 4. Explore Place des Vosges
- 1.5 5. People watch outside Parisien cafes
- 1.6 6. Visit Notre Dame
- 1.7 7. See Paris from above Monteparnes Tower
- 1.8 8. Head Shopping on Champs Elysee
- 1.9 9. Explore Paris’s beautiful neighbourhoods
- 1.10 10. Watch Moulin Rouge
- 1.11 11. Climb the spiral steps at Arc de Triomphe
- 1.12 12. Go shopping at Printemps
- 1.13 13. Climb the steps of Eiffel Tower
- 1.14 14. Visit Sacré Coeur
- 1.15 15. Eat croissants in Paris with a view
- 1.16 16. Stroll through Parisian Gardens of Tulleries and Luxembourg
- 1.17 17. See Paris Street Art Quarters
- 1.18 18. Head behind the clock of Musee d’Orsay
- 1.19 19. Walk Across Paris’ Bridges
- 1.20 20. City of Light – Light show
- 2 Where to stay in Paris
Top 20 Things To Do In Paris
1. See Mona Lisa at the Louvre
3. Experience the sunrise in Paris on Trocadero
I have had the pleasure of seeing many a sunrise but nothing compares to that feeling or being the first to reach a spot before the city wakes up. Now that we are heading towards better weather months, take the opportunity to see the sunrise. Trocadero is as good a spot as it gets without paying entrance fees or waiting in line. For tips on cool and hidden gems in Paris check out Wandering Sunsets.
4. Explore Place des Vosges
5. People watch outside Parisien cafes
6. Visit Notre Dame
7. See Paris from above Monteparnes Tower
8. Head Shopping on Champs Elysee
9. Explore Paris’s beautiful neighbourhoods
10. Watch Moulin Rouge
For a little evening entertainment, this is one show to add to your list when in Paris. Book Moulin Rouge tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
11. Climb the spiral steps at Arc de Triomphe
12. Go shopping at Printemps
13. Climb the steps of Eiffel Tower
14. Visit Sacré Coeur
15. Eat croissants in Paris with a view
16. Stroll through Parisian Gardens of Tulleries and Luxembourg
17. See Paris Street Art Quarters
18. Head behind the clock of Musee d’Orsay
It doesn’t get any prettier than this! You can also see Sacre Coeur and Louvre from the clock. While you are at it you can also check out the beautiful art.
19. Walk Across Paris’ Bridges
20. City of Light – Light show
You have explored the city over its now time to end your tour with short stroll on the River Seine and pick a spot with a clear few of the Eiffel Tower and wait for the light show. It starts at the first hour after dark and runs on the hour until 1am.
Where to stay in Paris