Let face it, Santorini is pretty popular. After the sun has gone down and all the day-trippers from nearby islands and cruise liners have gone, what is there to do in Santorini at night? You are in luck as that is exactly what I will be sharing in the post below. I may have alluded to this is my Santorini travel guide before but this post is solely on the evening entertainment and nightlife in Santorini.
There are plenty of things to do in Santorini at night where ever you choose to stay. I have covered where to stay in Santorini for nightlife but will also share more info on each of the villages on the island to help you decide on places to check out include Thira nightlife, Perissa, Oia nightlife as well as the best clubs and parties you don’t want to miss out on.
- 1 Santorini Nightlife Guide & Activities
- 1.1 Santorini Beach Parties At Night
- 1.2 Explore Cool Bars In Santorini
- 1.3 Enjoy Greek Food With Entertainment & Views
- 1.4 Night Time Adventures In Santorini
- 1.5 Enjoy Chilled Out Evening Filled With Wine Tastings
- 1.6 Enjoy An Evening Dinner Cruise With Santorini Sunsets
- 1.7 Evening Cooking Class In Santorini
- 2 The Best Nightclubs In Santorini
Santorini Nightlife Guide & Activities
Let’s cover the basics first as far as getting round in Santorini because you will have to find your way around the different corners of the island to experience the nightlife. Below are some of the best things to do on Santorini at night.
Santorini Beach Parties At Night
Yes, the majority of people come here for sunshine and the beautiful white Greek architecture and blue-domed churches but with all the cool beaches its not unusual to find a beach party or two in the evening. For a guide on the best beaches in Santorini read my recent post. For the best beach parties in Santorini, head to Aegialos Beach. The beach of Exo Gialos is where you can enjoy music to get you in the mood to party, with DJs from all around the world hosting, this is not to be missed. Check out Aegialos Beach for more details.
If you want to start your partying earlier there are plenty of cool beach bars in Santorini. Below are just a few:
- Anemos – Located in Perivolos with an impressive cosmopolitan beach bar.
- Bellonias – Located within Bellonia Villa Hotel in Kamari.
- Oeros Wave Bar – Located in Vlyhada
- Chilli – Located in Perivolos
- Wet Stories – Located Perivolos with mainstream music, great cocktails and areas for beach volleyball.
Explore Cool Bars In Santorini
There are plenty of great cafe bars to chill out in and enjoy the cool island breeze while the cocktails keep coming. Cafe bars not to miss include the Crystal cafe bar which is located within Loucas Hotel. The cafe bar offer sweeping views of the Caldera and particularly perfect for those sought after Santorini sunsets. They are also known for their special events so make sure you check those out before leaving for Santorini so you don’t miss out.
Check out Calderaki bar which was built into a rock and features interesting decor. If you are looking for cool cocktail bars in Fira, add this one to your list. Its located in Fira as is Murphy’s – an Irish bar right in the hear of Santorini’s nightlife.
If you are a lover of jazz and soul then definitely check out Kira Thira. A bar located in Fira and serving up jazz and exotic sounds in a friendly and inviting bar.
Enjoy Greek Food With Entertainment & Views
One cannot visit Santorini and not check out the many cool food spots on the island. Some of the restaurants will also have live music on hand as you dine. For tips on cool restaurants to dine at in Santorini check out my linked post for places where you can enjoy view of the Caldera on a romantic evening.
Night Time Adventures In Santorini
If you are one for enjoying unusual things then this is going to be right up your alley. Take to a night time dive and explore night species in Santorini with this tour. he great volcanic eruptions that shook the island over the centuries have created magnificent underwater scenery giving scuba diving lovers endless options for wall dives and never-ending drop-offs around the Caldera and the Volcanic islets.
Enjoy Chilled Out Evening Filled With Wine Tastings
Want to enjoy the nightlife in Santorini without the loud music? Take a small group tour and explore Santorini’s wine regions in a glass. You will visit three wineries and enjoy a cellar tour on each as well as sample many of the wines they produce. This will definitely leave you in a mellow mood and ready to return to your hotel on cloud nine. This wine tasting tour lasts up to 4-5 hours and includes hotel pickup. There is also this wine tour which ends with lovely views of Oia sunsets.
Enjoy An Evening Dinner Cruise With Santorini Sunsets
If you love to be by the sea, in the sea, under it and on it then a cruise on a catamaran is the way to finish the evening. What better way to experience the best nightlife in Santorini than from the sea. Another unique way to enjoy the list of things to do in Santorini at night. Experience Santorini’s scenery, hot springs, and beaches on a cruise with onboard dinner and glass of wine included.
After pickup from your hotel, settle onto your cruise boat, and sail around the caldera and island’s shores. Along the way, bathe in the Nea Kamini hot springs; explore the beaches; and savor a delicious 2-course Greek dinner while floating on the water as the sunsets. This sunset cruise tour last about 6 hours and you return to your hotel in the evening ready to chill out. For more details also read my experience on one of the catamaran cruises we did.
Evening Cooking Class In Santorini
Love Greek food and want to learn how to cook Greek food? This is one course not to miss out on. A cooking class that caters to meal lovers and vegatarians. A very informative and cool way to spend the evening in Santorini. If you are here on a honeymoon or with a partner and looking for something romantic to do in Santorini at night this experience is also great for couples.
Finish Your Evening With A Night Time Hike
If you have done the clubbing thing, explore the food and amazing wine and cocktails, you will no doubt want to walk it all off. Take in the night time views with this night time hiking tour in Santorini here you can recharge with Greek specialties and wine after the 2-hour night hike. Yes! Of course, there is wine at the end of it!
The Best Nightclubs In Santorini
We found that many of the nightclubs in Sa
- Koo – This is a popular night club in Santorini with a multi-level yard, great cocktails and good vibes. Looking for somewhere to test your flirting skills and enjoy good music. This is one not to miss. Located in Fira.
- Meltemi Club – Want experience Perissa nightlife in Santorini? This is one nightclub not to miss. Located in Perissa and features a miss of wooden and traditional Greek style. It’s open from morning until late into the night. The mornings start of with a variety of coffees and lead to cocktails and beers from early evening into the night.
- Tango – Another nightclub in Fira, Santorini. You can enjoy great Latin, mainstream music and summer dance tunes as you enjoy the views of the Caldera while sipping wine and cocktails.
- Tropical – If you love tropical beats in this lovely terrace bar serves up some cool reggae, r&b in a relaxing atmosphere from noon until the late night.
There you have it, tips on nightclubs in Santorini places to experience nightlife in Santorini like Oia, Perissa, Perivolos Fira nightclubs and in addition other ways to enjoy the evening on the island. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of the many things to do in Santorini at night to avoid the crowded alleys of Instagrams ready to snap up the sunsets.
Heading To Santorini? Also Read:
- What To Pack For Santorini
- Cheap Hotels In Santorini With Volcano Views
- The Best Restaurants In Santorini With Viewa
- The Best Hotels In Oia
- Guide To Booking A Photographer In Santorini
Found this post useful? Pin to travel board