Italy is renowned not only for its rich history and stunning landscapes but also for its exquisite cuisine. From the charming streets of Rome to the picturesque shores of Positano, the country boasts an array of restaurants that cater to diverse tastes.
We have already covered tips on the best cities in Italy for food and now back at it with another post for food enthusiasts seeking an unforgettable culinary experience.
We have a curated list of some of the best restaurants across Italy that promise to tantalize your taste buds and offer a true gastronomic adventure.
Italy’s culinary scene is a treasure trove of delights, offering not only renowned establishments but also hidden gems that promise unforgettable dining experiences. From the charming streets of Rome to the scenic beauty of Porto Ercole, these lesser-known yet exceptional restaurants offer a chance to savour the authentic flavours of Italy.
Here are some more remarkable dining destinations to consider adding to your gastronomic journey, many of which are located in some of the most beautiful cities in Italy.
- 1 27 Amazing Restaurants In Italy To Add To Your Bucket List
- 1.1 1. Lido 84 – Fasano del Garda
- 1.2 2. Roscioli – Rome
- 1.3 3. La Sponda – Positano
- 1.4 4. Da Vittorio – Brusaporto
- 1.5 5. Baretto Restaurant – San Vigilio
- 1.6 6. Esplanade – Desenzano del Garda
- 1.7 7. Life Ristorante – Rome
- 1.8 8. Club del Doge Restaurant – Venice
- 1.9 9. Osteria Francescana – Modena
- 1.10 10. 433 – Rome
- 1.11 11. Uliassi – Senigallia
- 1.12 12. Ratanà – Milan
- 1.13 13. Piazza Duomo – Alba
- 1.14 14. La Pergola – Rome
- 1.15 15. Colline Emiliane – Rome
- 1.16 16. Ristorante Ad Hoc – Rome
- 1.17 17. Ristorante Reale – Castel di Sangro
- 1.18 18. Enoteca Pinchiorri – Florence
- 1.19 19. Per Me – Giulio Terrinoni – Rome
- 1.20 20. Le Calandre – Sarmeola Di Rubano
- 1.21 21 Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia
- 1.22 22. Il Pellicano – Porto Ercole
- 1.23 23. Sibilla Ristorante – Tivoli
- 1.24 24. St. Hubertus – San Cassiano, Alto Adige
- 1.25 25. Don Alfonso 1890 – Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi
- 1.26 26. Roma Sparita – Rome
- 1.27 Grotta Palazzese Cave Restaurant In Puglia
- 2 Map Of the Above List of Restaurants In Italy
- 3 FAQs
27 Amazing Restaurants In Italy To Add To Your Bucket List
Let’s explore not only some of the most famous restaurants in Italy but those serving up delicious food that you should just want to should about.
1. Lido 84 – Fasano del Garda
Located along Corso Zanardelli 196, Fasano del Garda, Lido 84 is a culinary gem overlooking the serene Lake Garda.
With its rustic charm and focus on seasonal ingredients, this restaurant offers a unique dining experience that captures the essence of Italian flavors. From fresh seafood to locally sourced produce, every dish is a work of art that reflects the passion of the chefs.
Address: Lido 84 – Corso Zanardelli 196, Fasano del Garda
2. Roscioli – Rome
In the heart of Rome, on Via dei Giubbonari 21, Roscioli stands as a testament to the city’s culinary heritage. This family-run establishment combines a deli, a bakery, and a restaurant, offering a variety of authentic Italian dishes.
Their commitment to quality ingredients and traditional recipes has earned them a place on the list of must-visit restaurants. Do not be fooled by its small size, they offer amazing cheeses, pasta and their pizza and bread are just delicious!
Address: Roscioli –Via dei Giubbonari 21, Rome
3. La Sponda – Positano
Perched atop the cliffs of Positano, overlooking the Amalfi Coast, La Sponda at Via Cristoforo Colombo, offers a romantic and enchanting dining experience. From the food to the service to the amazing sea views and atmosphere, everything is just perfection!
The restaurant’s breathtaking views are matched only by its menu, which features Mediterranean-inspired dishes crafted with precision and creativity. Note that the menu is on the pricey side but well worth it.
Address: La Sponda – Via Cristoforo Colombo, 30, 84017 Positano SA, Italy
4. Da Vittorio – Brusaporto
Situated on Via Cantalupa, 17 in Brusaporto, Da Vittorio is a Michelin three-star restaurant that redefines fine dining.
With a focus on regional ingredients and culinary innovation, the restaurant offers a symphony of flavours that elevate Italian cuisine to new heights. Do not miss the chance to experience the ceremony of serving pasta here.
Address: Da Vittorio – Via Cantalupa, 17, 24060 Brusaporto BG
5. Baretto Restaurant – San Vigilio
Nestled in San Vigilio, Bergamo, Baretto Restaurant at Via al Castello 1 offers a blend of tradition and modernity. Its idyllic setting combined with a menu that celebrates local produce creates a memorable dining experience that reflects the essence of the region.
Address: Baretto Restaurant – Via al Castello 1, San Vigilio, Bergamo
6. Esplanade – Desenzano del Garda
Found on Via Lario, 3, Esplanade in Desenzano del Garda offers lakeside dining at its finest. The restaurant’s elegant ambiance is matched by a menu that showcases the best of Italian cuisine, from fresh seafood to delectable pasta dishes. Enjoy you food with a stunning see view to boot.
Address: Esplanade – Via Lario, 3, 25015 Desenzano del Garda BS
7. Life Ristorante – Rome
Life Ristorante, located on Via della Vite, 28 in the heart of Rome, presents a modern twist on classic Italian dishes.
The restaurant’s innovative approach to flavours and presentation has earned it a reputation as a must-visit culinary destination. They offer gourmet tasting menus too with a specialty of black truffle and lobster.
Address: Life Ristorante – Via della Vite, 28, 00187 Roma RM
8. Club del Doge Restaurant – Venice
Situated in the charming city of Venice, Club del Doge Restaurant at Campo Santa Maria del Giglio, 2467 offers a taste of Venetian elegance. With its canal-side location and a menu inspired by Venetian traditions, the restaurant provides a truly authentic dining experience.
You couldn’t find a better spot to dine in Venice than Club del Doge. While a bit on the pricey side but you get amazing food, a great wine selection with views of the Grand Canal and Basilica de Santa della Salute in addition to the gondolas that are floating around.
Address: Club del Doge Restaurant – Campo Santa Maria del Giglio, 2467, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
9. Osteria Francescana – Modena
At Via Stella, 22 in Modena, Osteria Francescana stands as a pinnacle of contemporary Italian cuisine. With three Michelin stars, Chef Massimo Bottura’s inventive dishes reflect his artistic approach to food, making it a must-visit for culinary enthusiasts. They also have quite an extensive wine list.
Address: Osteria Francescana –Via Stella, 22, 41121 Modena MO
10. 433 – Rome
Want good food with a healthy dose of people-watching? You are in luck with this restaurant. Found on Via del Governo Vecchio, 123 in Rome, 433 is a hidden gem known for its cozy ambiance and exceptional cuisine.
The restaurant’s commitment to using high-quality ingredients shines through in every dish, offering guests a memorable and authentic Italian dining experience.
Address: 433 – Via del Governo Vecchio, 123, 00186 Roma RM
11. Uliassi – Senigallia
Located at Banchina di Levante, 6 in Senigallia, Uliassi is a family-run restaurant that boasts two Michelin stars.
With a focus on seafood and innovative techniques, the restaurant’s menu reflects the harmony between tradition and creativity. Get ready to taste amazing food with lots of layers of flavours.
Address: Uliassi – Banchina di Levante, 6, 60019 Senigallia AN, Italy
12. Ratanà – Milan
Ratanà, found on Via G. de Castilla 28 in Milan, showcases the vibrant culinary scene of the city. The restaurant’s contemporary dishes pay homage to traditional Italian recipes while embracing a modern flair that delights the senses.
The restaurant also works with small producers of wines so you are likely to also be able to try some rare wines.
Address: Ratanà – Via G. de Castilla 28, Milan
13. Piazza Duomo – Alba
Get ready for fantastic food, great wines and amazing service. Situated on Piazza Risorgimento, 4 in Alba, Piazza Duomo offers an elegant dining experience in the heart of Piedmont. With its three Michelin stars, the restaurant’s refined dishes capture the essence of the region’s flavours and ingredients.
Address: Piazza Duomo – Piazza Risorgimento, 4, 12051 Alba CN
14. La Pergola – Rome
Want to grab some Italian food with excellent service to match the food and wine? La Pergola, at Via Alberto Cadlolo, 101, offers an elevated dining experience in Rome. As the only three-star Michelin restaurant in the city, it boasts an exquisite menu curated by renowned Chef Heinz Beck. Let’s also not forget the amazing views for those after Rome restaurants with views.
Address: La Pergola – Via Alberto Cadlolo, 101, 00136 Roma RM, Italy
15. Colline Emiliane – Rome
Nestled on Via degli Avignonesi, 22, Colline Emiliane is a family-run restaurant that specializes in the culinary traditions of Emilia-Romagna.
Its dedication to authentic flavours and warm hospitality creates a truly memorable dining experience. The restaurant is on the small side but is packed with flavours plus delicious pasta and sauces with a great selection of wines.
Address: Colline Emiliane- Via degli Avignonesi, 22, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
16. Ristorante Ad Hoc – Rome
Located at Via di Ripetta, 43, Ristorante Ad Hoc in Rome is a haven for those seeking an intimate and refined dining experience. With its cozy ambiance and creative dishes, the restaurant captures the essence of Italian cuisine while adding a touch of innovation.
Its a little on the pricey side but great food. They also offer a sea-tasting menu complimented with amazing wine.
Address: Ristorante Ad Hoc –Via di Ripetta, 43, 00186 Roma RM
17. Ristorante Reale – Castel di Sangro
Not only offering great food but also great value for money. Piazza del Mezzogiorno, 67031 in Castel di Sangro is where you’ll find Ristorante Reale. Led by Chef Niko Romito, this restaurant takes an artistic approach to food, presenting dishes that are as visually stunning as they are delicious. They also have a great wine list with friendly service.
Address: Ristorante Reale – Piazza del Mezzogiorno, 67031 Castel di Sangro AQ
18. Enoteca Pinchiorri – Florence
Among the best restaurants in Florence with rrtfully plated dishes inspired by Tuscan tradition, plus a long wine list, in an old-world space.
Located in the heart of Florence, at Via Ghibellina, Enoteca Pinchiorri offers a sensory journey through Italian cuisine. With a focus on wine pairing and an extensive collection of wines, the restaurant elevates the dining experience to new heights.
Address: Enoteca Pinchiorri – Via Ghibellina, 87, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
19. Per Me – Giulio Terrinoni – Rome
This fine dining restaurant in Rome is nestled on Vicolo del Malpasso, 9, Per Me – Giulio Terrinoni offers a modern and imaginative interpretation of Italian dishes. Chef Giulio Terrinoni’s passion for experimenting with flavours results in a unique culinary adventure.
Prepare to experience traditional Italian seafood served with creativity. You can also get a taste of the 10 course tasting menu perfectly matched with flavourful wines.
Address: Per Me – Giulio Terrinoni – Vicolo del Malpasso, 9, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
20. Le Calandre – Sarmeola Di Rubano
A short distance from Venice, Le Calandre at Via Liguria 1, Sarmeola Di Rubano, presents an avant-garde approach to Italian cuisine. With its three Michelin stars, the restaurant surprises and delights diners with its inventive dishes.
Address: Le Calandre – Via Liguria 1 35030, Sarmeola Di Rubano Italy
21 Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia
Situated on Via Privata Raimondo Montecuccoli, 6, Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia in Milan is a family-owned restaurant that has been a culinary institution for decades. It’s a place where tradition meets innovation, resulting in a harmonious dining experience.
Address: Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia – Via Privata Raimondo Montecuccoli, 6 20147 Milan Italy
22. Il Pellicano – Porto Ercole
Found in Sbarcatello, 58019 Porto Ercole, Il Pellicano is a seaside paradise that offers more than just breathtaking views. With its gourmet cuisine and a menu inspired by the sea, the restaurant provides a true taste of the Italian coastline.
Address: Il Pellicano – Sbarcatello 58019 Porto Ercole GR, Italy
23. Sibilla Ristorante – Tivoli
You will love everything here, from the location, interior to the friendly staff and amazing food. Amid the historic charm of Tivoli, at Via della Sibilla, Sibilla Ristorante offers a taste of history and gastronomy. The restaurant’s proximity to the ancient Villa Adriana adds to the unique dining experience.
Address: Sibilla Ristorante Via della Sibilla, 42, 00019 Tivoli RM, Italy
24. St. Hubertus – San Cassiano, Alto Adige
Situated in the stunning landscape of San Cassiano, Alto Adige, St. Hubertus is a destination for nature lovers and food enthusiasts alike. The restaurant, led by Chef Norbert Niederkofler, draws inspiration from the surrounding mountains to create a unique culinary narrative.
Address: Strada Micurà de Rü, 20, 39036 San Cassiano BZ, Italy
25. Don Alfonso 1890 – Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi
On Corso Sant’Agata, Massa Lubrense, Don Alfonso 1890 transports diners to a world of flavours inspired by the Amalfi Coast.
With a focus on organic and locally sourced ingredients, the restaurant crafts dishes that celebrate the essence of the region. The small dining room makes it very intimate and offers a romantic ambience. If you are lucky you may even get a tour of the wine cellar.
Address: Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi, Corso Sant’Agata 11/13, Massa Lubrense
26. Roma Sparita – Rome
In the historic district of Rome, at Piazza di Santa Cecilia, Roma Sparita is a culinary haven that pays homage to traditional Roman cuisine. The restaurant’s cacio e pepe, a classic Roman pasta dish, is a must-try.
Address: Piazza di Santa Cecilia, 24, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Grotta Palazzese Cave Restaurant In Puglia
Experience enchantment at Grotta Palazzese in Puglia, Italy. Perched on the edge of the Adriatic Sea, this unique restaurant within a limestone cave offers an unparalleled dining backdrop.
Enjoy gourmet cuisine as waves softly lap below, creating a dining experience like no other. Immerse yourself in nature’s beauty while savoring exquisite Italian flavors at Grotta Palazzese.
Address: Via Narciso, 59, 70044 Polignano a mare BA, Italy
Map Of the Above List of Restaurants In Italy
Embarking on a culinary journey through Italy means indulging in a rich tapestry of flavours, traditions, and innovation. These remarkable restaurants offer a glimpse into the diverse world of Italian cuisine, where passion and creativity come together to create unforgettable dining moments.
These hidden culinary gems invite you to venture off the beaten path and discover the diverse flavours that Italy has to offer. From modern interpretations to age-old traditions, each restaurant on this list promises a journey of taste and discovery. Below is a map of the best restaurants in Italy with many offering items you can buy making it easy to grab the best souvenirs from Italy.
- How can I make a reservation at these restaurants? For most of these restaurants, it’s recommended to make reservations well in advance through their official websites or by contacting them directly.
- Are these restaurants suitable for vegetarians and vegans? Many of these restaurants offer vegetarian and vegan options. It’s advisable to inform them about your dietary preferences when making a reservation.
- Do these restaurants cater to dietary restrictions and allergies? Yes, these restaurants often cater to dietary restrictions and allergies. It’s best to inform them in advance so they can prepare accordingly.
- What is the dress code at these establishments? Dress codes vary, but most of these restaurants have a smart-casual dress code. It’s recommended to check their websites or contact them for specific details.
- Are children welcome at these restaurants? While some restaurants may have age restrictions or may not be particularly child-friendly, others welcome families. It’s advisable to inquire beforehand if you plan to dine with children.
- Are reservations required for these hidden gems as well? Yes, it’s recommended to make reservations in advance to ensure availability, especially for Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Do these restaurants offer English menus and English-speaking staff? Many upscale restaurants cater to international visitors and provide English menus and staff who are fluent in English.
- Are these hidden gems family-friendly? While some of these restaurants have a more formal atmosphere, there are often options suitable for families. It’s a good idea to inquire when making reservations.
- What makes these restaurants stand out from more well-known establishments? These hidden gems often offer a more intimate and unique dining experience, with a focus on creativity, innovation, and a personal touch.
- Can I find these restaurants on popular food delivery apps or platforms? These restaurants typically prioritize in-person dining experiences and may not be available on standard food delivery platforms.