It is that time of the year once again. Summer, the season for relaxation and fun. Summer naturally brings a feeling of joy into the heart of people. It is the most popular time for a vacation because schools are on vacation. The weather is warm and nice. It is also time to hit the beach. Besides sunscreen, a chair, an umbrella and your radio set or a book or a group of friends, you also need a beach cover-up.
You may be wondering why you can’t just whip out a really old flannel shirt and wear it till you get to the beach. You could but it wouldn’t look as good as it could. These cover-ups are essentials for beach goers. They are practical, fashionable and they come in several styles. Here are four beach cover-ups variants that would look absolutely amazing at the beach. I have a couple of styles from each category below. With more people travelling today a lot of brands have now widen their travel collections. You can get really beautiful beach cover-ups from ASOS, I have also managed to get some cool beach cover-ups from Boohoo, Next, and if you love a bit of luxury Emilio Pucci and Camilia Franks have stunning and colourful coverups. You can also find a couple on Amazon and Etsy. I shared a couple of these in my post on what to pack for Dubai.
Stylish Beach Cover-ups You Need To Pack For Next Vacation
- Rompers – Rompers are huge in the fashion world right now. They’re cute and comfortable. You can wear a romper as its own outfit and also as a beach cover-up. Purchasing a romper is purchasing two separate prospective outfits. They come in different fits and colours. If you’re searching for a romper, Urban Outfitters has several rompers, one of which is the Out from Under Sarai Halter Romper. This romper has a halter neck design which is easier to take off. Another cute romper is the Moon River off shoulder romper from ASOS.
- Beach Skirts – Beach Skirts are often wrap around skirts that can be worn with other pieces such as shirts to casual events. These skirts are often flared and easy to walk in. They come in different colours, patterns and lengths. The Fp Beach Evelyne Skirt is a short mid thigh beach skirt while the Frill Hem Maxi Beach Skirt is a longer beach skirt.
- Kaftans – Another great beach cover-up is a kaftan. Kaftans are long, large dresses that were primarily worn as coats or robes in older cultures. However, in modern times they have evolved into dresses that can be worn while running errands or sleep wears because of how comfortable they are. This makes them extremely suitable for the beach. Figleaves Santa Rosa Maxi Floral Kaftan is a great choice because of its bright and cheerful colour while America & Beyond Pom Pom Lace Kaftan is a more subdued design with only one colour and little to no motifs.
- Crochet Dresses – Crochet outfits are a relatively new variant in the fashion industry. In spite of their young and new roots, they are still taking the industry by storm with the versatility crochet designers can offer. Crochet dresses are one of such variants. These dresses are perfect for beach wear because they are easy to wear, light and comfortable and they look fresh and chic. The Chynna Dolls Beverly Maxi Crochet Cover-Up is a cute long crochet dress with thick spaghetti sleeves and a cutout above the spine while the Pitusa Crochet Beach Mini Sundress is a shorter crochet dress with spaghetti sleeves and little cutouts along the torso.
The best thing about beach cover-ups is that they can easily be incorporated into daily or occasion-based outfits by adding accessories or layering, so when you invest in a beach cover-up you’re getting more than you paid for.
- What To Pack For A Trip To London
- The Best Shoes To Pack For Travel
- What To Were In Iceland
- What To Pack For Norway
- The Best Anti-Theft Backpacks
- The Best Wanderlust Inspired Jewellery To Buy Now!
Pin For Later!
Ooh, I love these! I’m a big fan of wraps. They’re a great way to add style to your beach look, AND they help keep you from freezing when you’re out of the water.
Such great choices! I love a pretty sarong or crochet cover-up. I just bought a few for myself.
Kristine Nicole Alessandra
Very nice choices for beach cover ups. I always take one or two along with me when we go to the beach. If I were to buy new ones this year, I think I’d like a kaftan and a beach skirt.
Rompers are my go-to beachwear when I don’t have any plans on swimming. Those skirts look really good, though!
I love the prints on the beach skirts. My girl would definitely love it. I’ll show this to her.
Ntensibe Edgar Michael
Wwwooooppppp….beach-skirts are everything! I love them and most especially, the black ones.
These are some great suggestions for cover ups. I may try on my next vacay!
You look beautiful in all of your cover ups for the beach. The yellow is one of the best!
I love the colors and styles of these beach coverups. I love wearing coverups!
Tiffany La Forge-Grau
I wish I was where you are! You look great and the beach looks perfect!
You shared a lot of beautiful cover ups and even if one does not go to the beach, they can be worn casually. Wonderful selection!
I love cover ups and these are great! Thank you so much for sharing these!