Island hopping in Greece is an absolute must! It’s also the best way to make the most of your Greece Itinerary. Below you will find details of ferry services from Mykonos to Santorini, I have also linked below to a post on travel by ferry from Athens to Mykonos. I have shared a couple of post on my travels around Greece, in this post I wanted to share how to travel by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini. The two islands are about 150 kms away from each other and there are plenty of ferry services operating in between two making easier to explore both on a short or long visit to Greece.
- The Best Beaches In Santorini
- The Best Hotels In Santorini For Every Budget
- Things To See And Do In Santorini
- How To Get From Athens To Mykonos
- 1 Ferry From Mykonos To Santorini
- 2 Flight From Mykonos To Santorini
Ferry From Mykonos To Santorini
Travelling to islands in Greece is easy by ferry and travel time by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini isn’t more than 3 hours. Most of the ferries are small ones and get booked very fast especially during the peak summer periods of July, August and September. It is advisable to book them well in advance to have the best opportunity ensure you can avoid limitations and restrictions based on last-minute availability.
Usually, there are 3 or more ferries per day taking you between Mykonos and Santorini. In the months between April and October, there are direct ferries available but from November to March, you would have to ferry or fly through Athens.
Hellenic Seaways and SeaJet Ferries operate a high-speed ferry service beginning from the end of March. Ferry tickets need to be booked at least 5 days in advance. There are a number of travel agents that sell ferry tickets online.
Some of the websites where you can book tickets for the ferry rides are:
Mykonos To Santorini Ferry Schedules
Most ferry schedules change their timings at a short notice. You need to be alert and confirm all the routes and timings.
Here are the schedules of various ferry rides. Currently, there are 3 ferry companies that operate between the 2 islands.
Mykonos To Santorini Ferry Schedule From April 5 to October 14
- Highspeed 7 from Hellenic Seaways makes its departure from Mykonos at 1:50 P.M. and the arrival time at Santorini is 4:30 P.M. Running on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, the ride costs around 67 Euros. This ride offers the maximum stability and is best for the travelers with seasickness.
- The ChA.M.pion Jet 1 by Sea Jets makes usually departs at 1:35pm. and reaches Santorini at 4:20pm. It runs on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It costs 70 Euros. The Andros Jet runs only on Tuesdays leaving Mykonos at 9:45am and reaching Santorini at 11:30am. This too costs you 67 Euros. The SuperJet is available on Wednesday, Thursday, leaving Mykonos at 10:00am and reaching the destination at 11:50am. It takes only 1 hour 50 minutes and the cost is around 76 Euros. The Blue Power runs on Sundays from 1:35pm and reaching Santorini at 4:20pm, costing 67 Euros.
- Super runner by Golden Star Ferries departs at 1:50pm and arrives at Santorini by 3:55pm. This ferry runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Ferry Schedules From March 30 to September 30
- Hellenic Seaways operates its Flying Cat 4 on the Mykonos to Santorini ferry route. This ferry leaves the Mykonos island at 9:35 am and reaches Santorini at 12 noon. This is quite a small boat, similar to a catamaran and the ride has been found to be unpleasant by many. The schedules of this boat keep changing so if you need to go to Santorini on a particular day, it is advised to take Highspeed 4.
Ferry Schedule From March 23 to October 31
The Super Jet and SeaJet2 from Sea Jets are the smallest ferries and difficult rides as they tend to be a the smaller cramped side. Although the seats are comfortable, the internal space is cramped and entering in and exiting out are difficult.
When the weather is rough, the rides can be pretty bad. They do not have open air decks for the travelers to stand and take a view of the surroundings.
Collecting Mykonos Ferry Tickets
- Golden Star Ferries
- 133 Filonos str, Pireaus 18536, 2nd Floor, call +30 801 222 4000
- Or you can contact them at [email protected]
- Hellenic Seaways
- 6 Astiggos St., Karaiskaki Sq., 185 31 Piraeus, Greece
- Contact Number: +30 210 4199100
- 24/7 Call Center: +30 210 4199000
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Astoggos and Akti Tzelepi 2, 185 31 Piraeus
- Call Center: 210 4121001, 210 4121901
- For reservations, contact: 210 4190233, 210 4101480
- E-mail: [email protected]
Flight From Mykonos To Santorini
Usually, there are around 5 flights in the week from Mykonos to Santorini but this is not the case all the time. When you are taking a flight, remember you need to fly via Athens, thus making the travel time much longer or otherwise set you plans to fit the availability of transportable as in start your trip with Mykonos then travel to Athens and from Athens to Santorini otherwise you will find that you will have to transit in Athens on the flights from Mykonos to Santorini.
The operators of the following have their flights from Mykonos to Santorini:
- Ellinair: The flight takes a total of 3 hours and 35 minutes of time. It leaves Mykonos at 3:05pm and reaches Thessaloniki Airport by 4:00pm. The connecting flight to Santorini is at 5:40 P.M. which arrives at the place at 6:40pm.
- Olympic: This flight stops over at Athens. The flight takes off from Mykonos Island National Airport at 8:15pm and reaches Athens International Airport at 8:50pm. After an hour’s layover, the next flight from Athens is at 9:50pm, arriving at the destination at 10:35pm.
- Sky Express: This flight too stops at Athens. It departs Mykonos at 12:35 P.M., reaches Athens at 1:20 P.M. Again leaves the airport at 4:00pm and reaches Santorini by 4:55pm.
- British Airways: This flight takes you to Santorini via London. It leaves Mykonos at 1:40pm, reaches London Heathrow Airport at 3:40pm. There is an overnight layover of 16 hours and 40 minutes, after which the next flight from London is at 8:20am. the next morning. It reaches Santorini National Airport by 2:15pm.
- Aegean Airlines: This Aegeans flight departs Mykonos airport at 11:55am, arrives at Athens airport at 12:35pm. The flight from Athens leaves at 5:15 a.m., after a layover of 4 hours and 40 minutes. It arrives at Santorini by 6:00pm. The trip duration is of 6 hours and 5 minutes.
Some flights have a long layover of 16 hours and 40 minutes, where the connecting flight to Santorini is at 5:15am and it reaches Santorini by 6:00am.
- Tips On Car Rentals In Beautiful Langkawi
- Guide To Island Hopping In Greece
- Hot To Travel To Dubai From Abu Dhabi
- Where To Stay In Dubai
- Unmissable Experiences In Phuket
- The Best Hotels To Stay At In Lisbon