- 1 How To Travel From Mykonos To Santorini
- 2 Day Trip To Mykonos From Santorini
- 3 Getting From Mykonos To Santorini – The Options
- 4 Best Way To Travel From Mykonos to Santorini
- 5 Flights From Mykonos to Santorini
- 6 Mykonos To Santorini Helicopter Prices
How To Travel From Mykonos To Santorini
Island hopping in Greece is an absolute must! It’s also the best way to make the most of your Greece Itinerary. If you are visiting Greece and one to maximise the time you have by exploring a couple of islands then this post if for you as you will find details and tips on how to get from Mykonos to Santorini, I have also linked below to a post on travel by ferry from Athens to Mykonos. If you are also wondering how to get from Santorini to Mykonos, then this post should also help with that as this are the same ferries that run those trips in the opposite direction. have shared a couple of post on my travels around Greece, in this post I wanted to share on getting from Mykonos to Santorini. In addition to tips on where to stay in Mykonos.
- The Best Areas To Stay In Mykonos
- The Best Beaches In Santorini
- The Best Hotels In Santorini For Every Budget
- Things To See And Do In Santorini
- How To Get From Athens To Mykonos By Ferry
Day Trip To Mykonos From Santorini
You can certainly do a day trip from Mykonos to Santorini or a day trip to Mykonos from Santorini, the only challenge is transportation between the islands. Firstly you have to make sure that you check the Mykonos-Santorini ferry schedule and make sure the day you plan to visit there is a ferry running the route in the morning. Pick one that at least arrives by 11 am but not that these trips don’t really allow you to fully explore the island with comfort. Check the ferry operator sites below to check the Santorini to Mykonos ferry schedule. The best way is to at least visit with an overnight stay in Mykonos or Santorini. I have plenty of tips on the blog with a Santorini travel guide in addition to where to stay in Mykonos and Santorini best hotels.
Getting From Mykonos To Santorini – The Options
Distance From Santorini to Mykonos By Ferry | How Far Is Mykonos From Santorini
The two islands are about 150 kms away from each other and there are plenty of services available by boat from Mykonos to Santorini operating in between two islands making easier to explore both on a short or long visit to Greece. So, if you are looking for best way to travel from Mykonos to Santorini or for the trip back for the Santorini to Mykonos ferry then keep reading.
Operators Of Mykonos to Santorini Ferries
Traveling to islands in Greece is easy by ferry and travel time by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini isn’t more than 3 hours. Most of the ferries are small ones and get booked very fast especially during the peak summer periods of July, August and September. It is advisable to book them well in advance to have the best opportunity ensure you can avoid limitations and restrictions based on last-minute availability.
Usually, there are 3 or more ferries per day taking you between Mykonos and Santorini. In the months between April and October, there are direct ferries available but from November to March, you would have to ferry or fly through Athens.
Hellenic Seaways and SeaJet Ferries operate a high-speed ferry service beginning from the end of March. Ferry tickets need to be booked at least 5 days in advance. There are a number of travel agents that sell ferry tickets online.
Some of the websites where you can book tickets for the ferry rides are:
Best Way To Travel From Mykonos to Santorini
For those wondering how long is the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini, the next section is for you. Most ferry schedules change their timings at a short notice. You need to be alert and confirm all the routes and timings.
Here are the schedules of various ferry rides. Currently, there are 3 ferry companies that operate between the 2 islands and the next section is all about helping you choose the best ferry from Santorini to Mykonos.
Mykonos To Santorini Ferry Schedule From April 5 to October 14
Below you will find details of Mykonos to Santorini ferry cost and the Mykonos Santorini ferry schedules. You also have quite a few options for the fast ferry from Mykonos to Santorini.
- Highspeed 7 from Hellenic Seaways Mykonos to Santorini ferries makes its departure from Mykonos at 1:50 P.M. and the arrival time at Santorini is 4:30 P.M. Running on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, the ride costs around 67 Euros. This ride offers the maximum stability and is best for the travelers with seasickness. Definitely, the best ferry from Santorini to Mykonos if you want to have a peaceful ride.
- The ChA.M.pion Jet 1 by Sea Jets makes usually departs at 1:35pm. and reaches Santorini at 4:20pm. It runs on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It costs 70 Euros. The Andros Jet runs only on Tuesdays leaving Mykonos at 9:45am and reaching Santorini at 11:30am. This too costs you 67 Euros. The SuperJet is available on Wednesday, Thursday, leaving Mykonos at 10:00am and reaching the destination at 11:50am. It takes only 1 hour 50 minutes and the cost is around 76 Euros. The Blue Power runs on Sundays from 1:35pm and reaching Santorini at 4:20pm, costing 67 Euros.
- Super runner by Golden Star Ferries departs at 1:50pm and arrives at Santorini by 3:55pm. This is one of the best options for the fast ferry from Mykonos to Santorini. This ferry runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Mykonos Santorini Ferry Schedules From March 30 to September 30
- Hellenic Seaways operates its Flying Cat 4 on the Mykonos to Santorini ferry route. This ferry leaves the Mykonos island at 9:35 am and reaches Santorini at 12 noon and one of the best Mykonos to Santorini high-speed ferry, getting you onto the island in no time at all. This is quite a small boat, similar to a catamaran and the ride has been found to be unpleasant by many. The schedules of this boat keep changing so if you need to go to Santorini on a particular day, it is advised to take Highspeed 4.
Mykonos Santorini Ferry Schedule From March 23 to October 31
The SuperJet and SeaJet2 from Sea Jets are the smallest ferries and difficult rides as they tend to be the smaller cramped side. Although the seats are comfortable, the internal space is cramped and entering in and exiting out are difficult.
When the weather is rough, the rides can be pretty bad. They do not have open air decks for the travelers to stand and take a view of the surroundings.
Buying And Collecting Mykonos Santorini Ferry Tickets
- Golden Star Ferries
- 133 Filonos str, Pireaus 18536, 2nd Floor, call +30 801 222 4000
- Or you can contact them at [email protected]
- Hellenic Seaways
- 6 Astiggos St., Karaiskaki Sq., 185 31 Piraeus, Greece
- Contact Number: +30 210 4199100
- 24/7 Call Center: +30 210 4199000
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Astoggos and Akti Tzelepi 2, 185 31 Piraeus
- Call Center: 210 4121001, 210 4121901
- For reservations, contact: 210 4190233, 210 4101480
- E-mail: [email protected]
Flights From Mykonos to Santorini
Usually, you can usually fly from Mykonos to Santorini about 5 times a week as there are 5 flights between Mykonos and Santorini every week, but this is not the case all the time. When you are taking a flight, remember you need to fly via Athens, thus making the travel time much longer or otherwise set you plans to fit the availability of transportable as in start your trip with Mykonos then travel to Athens and from Athens to Santorini otherwise you will find that you will have to transit in Athens on the flights from Mykonos to Santorini.
The operators of the following have their flights from Mykonos to Santorini:
- Ellinair: The flight takes a total of 3 hours and 35 minutes of time. It leaves Mykonos at 3:05pm and reaches Thessaloniki Airport by 4:00pm. The connecting flight to Santorini is at 5:40 P.M. which arrives at the place at 6:40pm.
- Olympic: This flight stops over at Athens. The flight takes off from Mykonos Island National Airport at 8:15pm and reaches Athens International Airport at 8:50pm. After an hour’s layover, the next flight from Athens is at 9:50pm, arriving at the destination at 10:35pm.
- Sky Express: This flight too stops at Athens. It departs Mykonos at 12:35 P.M., reaches Athens at 1:20 P.M. Again leaves the airport at 4:00pm and reaches Santorini by 4:55pm.
- British Airways: This flight takes you to Santorini via London. It leaves Mykonos at 1:40pm, reaches London Heathrow Airport at 3:40pm. There is an overnight layover of 16 hours and 40 minutes, after which the next flight from London is at 8:20am. the next morning. It reaches Santorini National Airport by 2:15pm.
- Aegean Airlines: This Aegeans flight departs Mykonos airport at 11:55am, arrives at Athens airport at 12:35pm. The flight from Athens leaves at 5:15 a.m., after a layover of 4 hours and 40 minutes. It arrives at Santorini by 6:00pm. The trip duration is of 6 hours and 5 minutes.
Some flights have a long layover of 16 hours and 40 minutes, where the connecting flight to Santorini is at 5:15am and it reaches Santorini by 6:00am.
Mykonos To Santorini Helicopter Prices
There is another option for getting from Mykonos to Santorini. That is by way of the helicopter from Mykonos to Santorini and vice versa. You can easily book this via Viator. There is the first option for a helicopter from Mykonos to Santorini costs was $742 the last time I checked The journey time is 40 minutes. Perfect for those wanting to do the Mykonos to Santorini day trip with ease. There is also the option of a helicopter from Santorini to many other Greek Islands. This option starts from $412. I have linked to the two for more details.
- Tips On Car Rentals In Beautiful Langkawi
- Guide To Island Hopping In Greece
- Where To Stay In Dubai
- Unmissable Experiences In Phuket
- The Best Hotels To Stay At In Lisbon
So, anything else you would like to know about the Santorini to Mykonos ferries? Comment below.