Getting To Thailand | How To Get Around Thailand?
Getting around Thailand is super easy. Flights from Thailands major cities like Bangkok are easy, frequent and cheap connecting to other Thai cities, islands and international destinations too. We flew in from Bangkok to Phuket having arrived from Siem Reap, then flew out from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur all using AirAsia which has plenty of cheap flights and make traveling around Asia cheap and easy. One of few sites you can compare flight prices that include Asia’s cheap carries is Kayak.
If you are traveling from major cities in Europe or more specifically London like we were, the best flight prices from the UK tend to be from the end of May. You can compare prices on Momondo, Kayak orExpedia. For details of getting around Thailand see below:
- Buses Extensive and affordable for travel between towns.
- Air Cheap and frequent domestic connections on budget airlines.
- Trains Slow but scenic between Bangkok, the north, the northeast and the south.
- Car & motorcycle Easy to hire for local touring.
- Local transport Shared and chartered taxis and motorcycles are widely available.
Women’s Summer Essentials – What To Pack For Thailand (Packing List)
- Sun Hat.
- Skincare and sunscreen.
- Beach swimwear.
- Lightweight sandals.
- Beach Coverups.
- Summer Midi/Maxi dress.
- Lightweight towel.
- Lightweight walking shoes.
- Beach bag.
- Waterproof phone case.
Beach and Summer Hats
Packing Skincare | Beauty and Skin Care Perfect For Beach Holidays
Men’s Packing List For Thailand | Summer Vacation Packing List
- sun hat
- Polo shirts and a couple of plain T-shirts
- Lightweight Beach towel
- Pairs of plain smart casual shorts
- Pair of walking shoes
- At least one or 2 smart shirts and trousers for evening enterainment requiring a bit more than beach clothes.
- lightweight jersey sweatshirt for cold evenings
- Pair of boxers and thin socks per day of trip
- Pair of trainers or walking shoes.
- Lightweight summer shoes / if necessary (sandals, flip-flops or espadrilles)
- Pairs of multifunction swimshorts that can be worn in the gym
- Pair of sports socks
Men’s Skin Care Kit
Men’s Summer / Beach Hats
In addition to packing sunscreen, packing sun hats is just as important.
Thailand Packing List and Essentials
Thailand is amazing, with perfect beaches and relaxing environment that you will most likely spend most days in beachwear. If you forget to pack some items, you can easily find most of what you need in Thailand — especially Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.
Now, get out there and have fun exploring the beaches, food, temples, and all the wonderful people that make Thailand such a wonderful destination to travel to! Regardless of the time of year, when traveling to Thailand you should make sure you pack the following in addition to your usual travel essentials:
- Bathing suits.
- Beach Cover-ups.
- Kindle (load up on favourite books)
- Summer Sandals.
- Sarong or quick dry towel.
- Light Jacket.
- Waterproof Mobile Case.
- Bug spray.
- Walking / Hiking shoes.
- Dry sacs
- A sweater or sweatshirt for chilly evenings.
- Maxi and Midi Summer dresses
For anything that you forget to pack, you can always buy in Thailand as the country provides amazing shopping experiences in addition to the beautiful beaches and Thailand tours and activities.
The Best Tours In Thailand
There are plenty of tours in all major cities and islands in Thailand. Whether you want to do a bike tour, island hopping, temple run, visit elephant sanctuary or any manner of adventure there is something for everyone. Check out Trip Advisor’s Viator Tours or Get Your Guide Tours to compare reviews and tours. Some of the best tours in Thailand are:
- Phuket to Phi Phi Island Hopping.
- Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok.
- Phang Nga Bay Day Trip from Phuket by Speedboat.
- Hong by Starlight Including Sea Cave Kayaking and Loy Krathong Floating from Phuket.
- Bangkok Dinner Cruise on the Chao Phraya River.
- Chiang Rai Day Trip from Chiang Mai City.
- Bangkok’s Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew Tour.
- Phang Nga Bay Deluxe Tour to James Bond and Hong Island from Phuket.
- Ayutthaya Day Trip from Bangkok
Where to Stay In Thailand?