Whether you are heading on holiday, love sunset photography, or just coming back from a sunny vacation and looking for the coolest, simple, short or cute sunset captions for Instagram, below are inspirational sunset quotes. For more inspiration also follow my Pinterest Board full of amazing quotes from travel to life inspiration.
Simple Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. – Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds
- One day, you said to me, “I saw the sunset forty-four times!” And a little later you added: “You know, one loves the sunset when one is so sad…” – The Little Prince
- There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them. – Jo Walton
- After the sun sets, there comes a moment when the color and lighting are surprisingly beautiful. It lasts only for a few seconds when the sun has just gone beyond the horizon, but its rays continue to illuminate the earth. – Robert James Waller
- Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart? – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- Thank you is what each and everyone of us should say when we see either a sunrise or sunset. And when we do that, maybe, just maybe the world will start to become a better place. – Anthony T. Hincks
- Tonight the sun has died like an Emperor … great scarlet arcs of silk … saffron … green … crimson … and the blaze of Venus to remind one of the absolute and the infinite … and along the lower rim of beauty lay the hard harsh line of the hills … – John Coldstream
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator. – Mahatma Gandhi
- I find it incredibly amazing how the sky is a different shade at dusk. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory. – Sanober Khan
- Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgundy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries. – Jack Kerouac, On the Road
Short Sunset Captions
- When the sun has set, no candle can replace it – George R. R. Martin
- There is nothing more musical than a sunset. – Claude Debussy
- Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day. – Debbie Shapiro
- Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Don’t forget: Beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies… – Paulo Coelho
- When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- Softly the evening came with the sunset. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- You can never watch too many sunsets.
- Witnessing the beauty and awe of the evening.
- The only kinds of sunsets that I don’t like are the ones that I missed.
Beach Sunset Quotes
- The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again. – Ram Charan
- There can’t possibly be anything more beautiful than Seaside Beach at sunset. ― Bryn McCarren
- It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again. – A.J. Lawless
- The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset. – Stephen King
- A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. – John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath.
- The strange thing about the sunset is that we actually don’t want the sun to set, we want it to stay right on the horizon, not below it, not above it, just right on it – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- Every moment of life is unique – a kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever recur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe. – Stephen Nachmanovitch
- Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.
- The sun tells the best joke of a day full of them, setting so spectacularly that you can almost smell the tropical paradise.
- Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans! – Mehmet Murat Ildan.
Funny Sunset Quotes
- Don’t waste sunrises on people who will be gone by sunset
- When the skies turn pink it’s time for a drink.
- A mellow sunset is like good wine and French summer
- I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
- While trying to see the sunset, my eyes got dusky.
- The biggest cliche in photography is sunrise and sunset!
- Sunset is still my favorite color, and the rainbow is second.
- Sometimes you see something unusual at sunset. Later you don’t believe when you see the same in the picture. – Anton Chekhov
- Don’t let the sunset on your summer without an escape
- I’ve never seen so many colors in one sunset before. This one was special.
Sunset Captions With Friends
- I believe in the magic of watching sunsets with your best friends.
- We get really excited when the sky turns pretty colors.
- Keepin’ close to people who feel like sunsets.
- Where there’s a sunset, there are some of the best friends.
- Some moments are made of gold and sunsets.
- The most beautiful sunsets are the ones we share
- Dreaming in pink and all the colors of the sunset.
- Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps. – Sharon Draper
- People who can rleax, enjoy the sunset, hold hands at the end of the day… they’re the happy ones. – Stan Lloyd, After Te Sunset.
- Friends are like sunsets, you may be sharing with them only a few hours of the day but you know they will always be there, tomorrow, the next day and the day after.
Sunset Selfie Captions
- Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both. – Amy Grant
- Sunset, you have to feel what it conveys to you: the significance, the meaning of it. – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.
- Dark clouds become heaven´s flowers when kissed by light
- Appreciate small moments of happiness, for they are so important
- Everything gets hotter when the sun goes down.
- There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it. – Cheryl Strayed
- Sunsets are one thing in life that won’t wait.
- Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
Cute Sunset Captions for Instagram
- A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night. – Crystal Woods
- Orange? Like Effie’s hair?” I say.
- A bit more muted, he says. More like sunset. – Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
- Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist. – Mia Kirshner
- Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night. – Juansen Dizon
- Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down. – Ryu Murakami
- A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night. – Crystal Woods
- A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder. – Mary Balogh
- No sun outlasts its sunset but will rise again and bring the dawn. – Maya Angelou
- I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night. – Erin McCarthy
- Enjoy the beauty of a sunset nature’s farewell kiss for the night. – Sharon Rene
Leave a Reply