St. Joseph is a beautiful family-friendly lake town that offers a wonderful getaway for the whole family. There are plenty of cool and fun things to do in St Joseph Michigan. Situated on Lake Michigan, St. Joseph “St. Joe”, is a quaint town with a blend of lakeside living, indoor and outdoor family entertainment and affordable dining for everybody. Here is a list of places to go, things to do, and where to eat in St. Joseph Michigan.
Must-Do Things In St. Joseph Michigan
Guide to the best things to do in St Joseph Michigan. From exploring, Silver Beach, downtown St Joseph to eating at the best restaurants in St Joesph and many cool and fun things to do in and near Lake Michigan’s St Joseph.
Silver Beach County Park
Obviously when you go to a lake town you want to experience the lake. Silver Beach Park is a beautiful and well-kept beach, probably one of the most popular in St. Joe. There are a few playgrounds located next to the beach as well as a concession stand for those beach-time munchies. It costs $12 per vehicle to get to the park but is open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., offering a full day of fun in the sun.
Silver Beach Carousal + Water Fountain
Think of an old-time carousel ride you rode on as a kid, or maybe see in old-time movies; that’s what this carousel is. Your kids will love picking their favorite animal to ride from the up and down horses to the pandas and stationary sleighs. It costs $3 per token for the kids. There is also an outdoor water fountain park for the kids to play in on those hot Michigan summer days.
Shopping in Downtown St. Joseph
The main street of St. Joseph is a great place to shop local. There are plenty of cute little boutiques for clothing, souvenirs, gourmet food, and home décor. It’s a great opportunity to pick up a birthday gift or if you’re really an early planner, maybe even a holiday gift for a friend or family member!
St. Joseph Lighthouse
Kids and adults alike will find it fun to go to the St. Joseph Lighthouse. Situated right on the lake, you can easily access the pier to walk to the lighthouse and see it from the outside. Or, you can learn about the history of the lighthouse by taking a guided tour and climb to the top of the lighthouse and have great views of the lake and surrounding area!
Harbor Shores Golf Club
If golf is more your scene, then St. Joe has a great golf course for you! Harbor Shores Golf Club has the Jack Nicklaus course which is home to a PGA golf tournament. Go online or call to make a tee time and discuss any rental club needs. Tee up and enjoy the views as you play the course.
Hidden Pointe is located in Benton Harbor and is a great gathering place for friends and family to enjoy some fun. Play 18-holes of mini golf, take a spin around the go kart track, grab an ice cream cone, or take a swing at the batting cages. There is plenty of fun outdoor activities for everyone at Hidden Pointe.
Curious Kids Museum
Need to have some time indoors due to sunburn or poor weather? Well, the Curious Kids Museum is a great thing for small kids to enjoy. The kiddos can spend an afternoon exploring, being creative and using their imagination at the interactive museum. Building blocks, a mini kitchen area, arts and crafts type areas set up will give your kids endless opportunities to create and grow.
Where to Eat in St. Joseph
- Baguette De France. Absolutely wonderful sandwiches you can take to-go, the perfect thing to grab for a beach picnic lunch.
- South Bend Chocolate Café. Located in downtown St. Joseph, this will satisfy any sweet tooth whether you want their gourmet chocolates, ice cream, or another sweet sugary treat.
- 221 Main. Located in downtown St. Joseph, this corner restaurant has over 120 whiskies to choose from! A casual pub feel, this offers a variety of food so it’s great to go when everyone wants something a little different.
- The Lakehouse Bar + Grill. Who doesn’t love a great outdoor dining option? The Lakehouse has an awesome deck with some of the best patio vies of the city.
- Silver Beach Pizza. It’s a local favorite and a must-eat on your trip to St. Joseph. They were also voted the best pizza in Southwest Michigan. It gets busy so a reservation is recommended which can be made online or via the phone. They have pizza obviously, but also have great salads, sandwiches and calzones.
- The Buck Burgers + Brews. If you’re into beer, then this is your place. They have a huge selection of beer and a great rooftop to enjoy it. It’s a great place to kick back and relax with friends or family after a great day on the beach. Burgers and beers and a sunset, that’s a pretty good summer beach day on Lake Michigan.
- Clifford’s Coffee Canal. Located right in Benton Harbor, this would be a great stop to combine with Hidden Pointe. It’s a quaint coffee shop with funky bright furniture, an outdoor patio overlooking the river and plenty of caffeine. They also serve breakfast and lunch so it’s a great stop for a little pick-me-up midafternoon.
- The Livery. This place is super cool and in a 100-year-old stable converted into microbrewery and restaurant. Lots of handcrafted beers on tap and live music make it a great place to gather with friends after a day out on the water.
Where To Stay In St. Joseph
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Benton Harbor – Boasting great reviews and located a short 10 minute drive from Lake Michigan. Rooms come with mini-fridge
Quality Inn & Suites – Great reviews and only a mile from Fairplain Plaza shopping mall and offers free wifi with a continental breakfast.
Candlewood Suites Saint Joseph – A pet-friendly hotel only a 15 minute drive from Silver Beach on Lake Michigan.
Best Western Benton Harbor – St Joseph – Only 5 miles from the beautiful Silver Beach, there is an indoor and outdoor connecting pool with a fitness centre on site as well.
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott St Joseph – Boasting a shared lounge and free wifi throughout the property. This hotel is highly rated among hotel guests.
Hampton Inn St Joseph Interstate 94 – Located in Stevensville and offers free breakfast as well high-speed Internet access to guests.
The Inn At Harbor Shores – Located on the shores of Lake Michigan. A resort hotel featuring indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, and a restaurant. Free wifi access is offered in every room at this scenic resort.
Whether you’re taking a friends trip or a family trip, St. Joseph is a wonderful vacation spot. If you want to relax and unwind, it’s your spot. If you prefer to have the kiddos and plan little adventures, then it’s your spot. If you want to eat a lot of great food and drink local brews, then it’s your spot! So the question is, when will you book your trip to St. Joseph and experience the fun for yourself?
- How To See Seattle In 4 Days
- Two Perfect Days In Chicago
- Top Things To Do In South Bend
- Visiting Pike Place In Seattle
- Enjoying The Sunset On Lake Michigan
Pin For Later