Iceland may draw millions of visitors with is geyser blowing off steam or its waterfalls hidden behind mysterious looking rock faces, glaciers with breaking ices that litter black sand beaches like diamonds on velvet. The land as been creative in coming up with out of this world sights to gaze at. While the land has been busy, so have its people. Hidden in the back streets of Reykjavik. You don’t have to hunt too far from the main town center to see how the city comes alive with colour, even if the weather might not want to play along. See below some of the beautiful pieces we stumbled on while exploring the city aimlessly with no map or destination in mind.
- 1 The cafe the draws you in with colour.
- 2 Adding a floral touch to the romance
- 3 Hidden arches full of colour
- 4 Residents that match their homes to their cars.
- 5 Insight into a future of robotics.
- 6 Faces on neighbourhood watch.
- 7 Even vampires need love.
- 8 Residents show you all their true colours.
- 9 And those that draw you in only to wonder that the message really is… the dental one.
- 10 Icelandic storefronts by creatives.
The cafe the draws you in with colour.
Adding a floral touch to the romance
Hidden arches full of colour
Residents that match their homes to their cars.
Insight into a future of robotics.
Faces on neighbourhood watch.
Even vampires need love.
- Where to stay in Reykjavik
- The best waterfalls to visit in Iceland
- Tips for visiting the Blue Lagoon