- 1 Top 10 Things To Do In Sydney Australia
- 1.1 1. Visit the Sydney Opera House
- 1.2 2. Climb Harbour Bridge or Pylon
- 1.3 3. Explore Sydney Botanical Gardens
- 1.4 4. Visit Mrs Macquarie’s Chair
- 1.5 5. Explore Sydney CBD and Viewing Towers
- 1.6 6. Take A Ferry Around The Harbour
- 1.7 7. Try Sydney’s Gastronomy
- 1.8 8. Check Out Sydney’s Retail Therapy
- 1.9 9. Sample The Night Life
- 1.10 10. Explore Bondi Beach And surrounding Bays
- 2 Where to Stay In Sydney
- 3 More On Australia
Top 10 Things To Do In Sydney Australia
1. Visit the Sydney Opera House
2. Climb Harbour Bridge or Pylon
3. Explore Sydney Botanical Gardens
4. Visit Mrs Macquarie’s Chair
5. Explore Sydney CBD and Viewing Towers
Some of Sydney’s best shopping malls can be found in Central Business District. Easy to find and explore as its runs in a grid system.
This is where my apartment was located, on Pitt Street. Pitt Street and George Street dominate CBD as they are always bustling with shoppers and city professionals. Nearby you also have Hyde park and the Skywalk at the top of Sydney Tower Eye for views of the city.
6. Take A Ferry Around The Harbour
Check out Darling Harbour which is beautiful both by day and by night. Here you will find Madame Tussauds, Cinemas, Sydney’s Zoo and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium.
From Darling Harbour and Circular Quay, which is the city’s main transport hub. It’s the only place where ferries, trains and buses intersect, you can also catch the ferry to check out Sydney’s stunning bays and coves like Manly Cove, Watson Bay, Double Bay, Rose Bay and more!
7. Try Sydney’s Gastronomy
You have to drop by on George and Argyle street in The Rocks for vibrant cafes and some of the city’s oldest pubs.
Head to Kings Cross for the hip scene and Wooloomooloo for the waterfront bars and restaurants, while in the area also check out Darlinghurst which is said to be a culinary hot spot. Another spot for food is Bondi’s beachfront strip which has everything from takeaways to fine dining.
8. Check Out Sydney’s Retail Therapy
9. Sample The Night Life
Where to Stay In Sydney
Sydney can be expensive but I found it accommodating in terms of what was available for varying budgets. There are luxury hotels in Sydney to affordable and even budget hostels. With some located fairly central in the city. I opted to stay in a service apartment which I shared here.
I booked it via booking.com which also has a range of for all budgets. For apartments rentals in Sydney click here, you also have hostels in Sydney some of which I spotted near central Sydney. For a list of hostels in Sydney click here. For more hotels, homestays and other accommodation options in Sydney click here to read reviews and compare prices.
More On Australia
- Where To Get The Best Views In Sydney
- Why Hosier Lane In Melbourne Is A Must See
- Tips On Booking The Great Ocean Road Tour