- 1 Visiting Livingstone Zambia
- 2 Outdoor Activities In Livingstone | Attractions Near Victoria falls
- 3 Free Things To Do In Livingstone Zambia
- 4 Top Things To Do In Livingstone Zambia | Places To Visit In Livingstone
- 4.1 1. Explore Victoria Falls from both Zimbabwe and Zambian sides.
- 4.2 2. Zambian Bridge Swing Over Victoria Falls
- 4.3 3. Take A Cruise On The Zambezi – Victoria Falls Sunset Cruise
- 4.4 4. Explore Livingstone Island Tour & Dive Into The Devil’s Pool
- 4.5 5. Adrenaline Seeker’s Delight In Bungee Jumping Over Victoria Falls
- 4.6 6. Afternoon Tea At Royal Victoria Hotel On The Zambezi
- 4.7 7. Explore The Livingstone Museum
- 4.8 8. What To Do In Livingstone For Thrill Seekers? Zambezi White Water Rafting!
- 4.9 9. Go For A Safari In Zambezi National Park
- 4.10 10. See Victoria Falls From Above On A Flight of Angels Helicopter Experience
- 4.11 11. Dine On The Royal Livingstone Express For Romantics At Heart
- 5 More Pictures From Our Trip In Livingstone Zambia
- 6 Best Time To Visit Victoria Falls And Livingstone Zambia
- 7 Livingstone Zambia Hotels | Where To Stay In Livingston
- 8 How To Get Around In Livingstone
- 9 Additional Travel Tips For Livingstone | Zambia Travel Tips
Visiting Livingstone Zambia
Outdoor Activities In Livingstone | Attractions Near Victoria falls
- Whitewater rafting through Batoka Gorge
- Canoeing on the Zambezi River
- Game Safaris
- Micro lighting or Helicopter over Victoria Falls
- Lion and Cheetah walks
- Abseiling and gorge swinging
- River Safari
- Fishing in the Zambezi
- Steam Train Rides over the Victoria Falls Bridge
Free Things To Do In Livingstone Zambia
Top Things To Do In Livingstone Zambia | Places To Visit In Livingstone
The below are among the best things to do in Livingstone, Zambia. So you find yourself at Victoria Falls and you have marveled at God’s masterpiece and have taken a million selfies (let’s not kid ourselves, I will bet you are also hiding a selfie stick too – don’t worry I will keep the judging to myself). So what else is there in this little city of Livingstone?
Just for reference as Victoria falls is on the border with Zimbabwe, most of the things to do in Livingstone Zambia, in the list below are based in on the Zambian side. Also, note that you can get the bus to Chobe’s national park from Livingstone.
The attractions and places to visit in Livingstone below can easily be added to your Livingstone or Zambia itinerary as I have also linked to tours you can easily add on to your itinerary.
1. Explore Victoria Falls from both Zimbabwe and Zambian sides.
2. Zambian Bridge Swing Over Victoria Falls
3. Take A Cruise On The Zambezi – Victoria Falls Sunset Cruise
4. Explore Livingstone Island Tour & Dive Into The Devil’s Pool
5. Adrenaline Seeker’s Delight In Bungee Jumping Over Victoria Falls
6. Afternoon Tea At Royal Victoria Hotel On The Zambezi
Learn all about the local culture, the pioneers and the history of the town on this full day trip. Visit Victoria Falls Hotel, the oldest hotel in Zimbabwe, to enjoy its famous high tea, see the 1000-year-old big tree and discover the falls.
You can also opt to enjoy an afternoon tea at Royal Livingstone Hotel where tours to Livingstone Island and Devil’s Pool leave from.
7. Explore The Livingstone Museum
8. What To Do In Livingstone For Thrill Seekers? Zambezi White Water Rafting!
For those that like to test just how fast their heart can dance around their rib cage then you will be left in a state on nirvana with activities like white water rafting down the Zambezi.
The Zambezi River is internationally acclaimed as one of the best locations for white water rafting. Enjoy the adrenaline-pumping thrill of this exceptional activity, and also marvel at the stark, sheer beauty and tranquility of the Batoka Gorge. The cost of white water rafting in victoria falls starts from around $160. As this is an extreme sport always make sure you have travel insurance that covers extreme sports.
9. Go For A Safari In Zambezi National Park
10. See Victoria Falls From Above On A Flight of Angels Helicopter Experience
11. Dine On The Royal Livingstone Express For Romantics At Heart
Departing from Livingstone through Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and the Zambezi River Valley, marvel at the sight of wild giraffes, zebras and antelope. Cross the Victoria Falls Bridge as you sip on curated South African wines and dine on fine flavours inspired by the setting. Flawless service completes your iconic journey reminiscent of times past.
More Pictures From Our Trip In Livingstone Zambia
Best Time To Visit Victoria Falls And Livingstone Zambia
The beauty of Zambia is that the best time to visit Zambia is any time of the year. We have a rainy season and a dry season. Our winters in Zambia are so mild and our summer in Zambia are super hot. The best time to visit Zambia is from August to October. That is the beginning of October and not when summer starts. The summer months the weather is too hot. The weather in August is managable so this is the best time to visit Livingstone and Zambia in general.
If you are wondering when the best time to visit Victoria Falls is, the answer is that it depends on whether you want to go to the Devil’s Pool. The Devil’s Pool opens from September onwards. You can read my post on the Devils Pool on the blog. If you don’t come within the season for the Devil’s Pool, you can opt for a visit to Angel’s Pool which are just as cool.
Livingstone Zambia Hotels | Where To Stay In Livingston
I have blogged about some of our experiences at Maramba River Lodge, Livingstone accommodation that caters to budge and mid-range, on-site you can camp, you can rent a luxury tent and you can also have chalets.
I found this to be great value for money as we were right on the banks of the river which meant that safari animals can be seen all while you have breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We also sampled Tongabeziand Royal Livingstone which fall under luxury accommodation near Victoria Falls Zambia. With Royal Livingstone you can see the mist of the Victoria Falls as you are that close to not only the falls but activities on victoria falls as Livingstone Island and Devil’s Pool tours depart from here.
Suggested Hotels In Livingstone
Budget Hotels In Livingstone:
There are options for camping and hostels if you are looking for budget accommodation in Livingstone. Check out:
- Cafe Zambezi House of Africa which is only 1km from Livingstone Museum. There is a large pool and garden area to chill out.
- Fawlty Towers Backpackers offers a free shuttle service, there is a restaurant onsite, as well as a pool to chill out during the hot Zambian summer months.
- Victoria Falls Backpackers Zambia is located about 10km from Victoria falls, comes with pool and also a short walk from the city center.
- Thandizani Campsite offers cheap options for those travelling on a shoestring. Located 3.1km from Livingstone Railway Museum. There is free wifi, breakfast is available at an additional cost, there is also a garden onsite to chill out in.
- Butterfly apartments offer an amazing option for budget accommodation. You can easily rent an apartment for 2 people from £20 per night.
Mid-Range Hotels In Livingstone check out:
- New Fairmount Hotel And Casino for reasonably cheap considering location and amenities. You can have a double room for £45 per night. The hotel is located in Livingstone town centre. There is an outdoor pool, a night club on-site if you want to experience a little bit of nightlife. The hotel offers free wifi and parking.
- The Royal Sichango Village is a lovely traditional style building with thatched roofing. While some rooms may be on the expensive side you can get a twin room for £50 a night with free full English breakfast. King-sized rooms are around £80+ a night. The rooms are comfortable with an onsite outdoor pool as well as a garden and bar. The hotel is located 1.2km Livingstone Reptile Park.
- Gloria’s Bed and Breakfast is only about a mile from Livingstone town centre and only 15 minutes drive from Victoria Falls. There is a pool and a garden on site. All rooms from with aircon and a fridge too. Room rates also come with free breakfast. Rates start from £40 a night.
- Green Tree Lodge is only a quick 5 minutes drive from the Airport. The lodge has a restaurant on site as well as an outdoor pool. Breakfast is available at an additional charge.
Luxury Hotels In Livingstone:
If you are looking for ultra-luxury with views of the Zambezi or a hotel with views of the Victoria Falls then you will have plenty more than you can imagine. There are also all inclusives on offer too.
- Camp Nkwazi offers all-inclusive rates. The Zambezi National Park is only 2.4 miles away. There is free wifi on site. There are various activities on offer too; horse riding, fishing, safaris and more. The accommodation offers super luxury on the Zambezi with superb service.
- The River Club offers an amazing view across the Zambezi. An outdoor pool, luxury rooms with a private pool, a fitness centre, an on-site restaurant serving European cuisine.
- The Garden Villa, Livingstone – Amazing holiday rental with all the amenities you could ask for. Free wifi, private pool, air conditioning, children’s playground and is also close to Livingstone Museum and offers easy access to the Livingstone Pub Crawl.
- The Royal Chandu River – The ultimate luxury hotel on the Zambezi also offer all inclusive options. Amazing views across the Zambezi where safari animals roam. Rooms come with river views, the hotel offers hiking, fishing, canoeing and other safari activites. Breakfast is included.
How To Get Around In Livingstone
Additional Travel Tips For Livingstone | Zambia Travel Tips
How many of the Livingstone adventures in Zambia above are not added to your bucket list?
Pin It For Later!