Who wouldn’t love to wake up to the blue Aegean sea along with the Greek volcanic islands? Santorini with its view of the Aegean Sea is one such spot that fills dreams of honeymooners and holidaymakers. Mesmerizing neighboring Santorini towns and villages of Fira or Oia with their photogenic Greek sunsets are Insta-worthy enough to be the sole reason while some visit, besides the multi-colored volcanic mineral beaches of Santorini.
Below we take the work out of captioning these amazing sights with a selection of quotes and captions about Santorini to amplify the viewability of your photographs on Instagram and other social media. In addition to the curated Santorini hashtags further below.
35 Amazing Santorini Captions For Instagram
Whether you are doing Santorini on its own or as part of a combined itinerary with Mykonos and Athens it’s one bucket list island not to be missed. No Greece travel guide would skip one of the most stunning islands of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea. The beautiful reach volcanic soil means it’s perfect for those Santorini wineries, amazing beaches combined with amazing Greek food and dependable sunshine you have the perfect makings of a holiday getaway.
Let’s not forget those amazing Santorini infinity pool villas and you have the perfect recipe for the effortless Instagram shot. Below is inspiration for the perfect caption to go with your Santorini sunset, poolside, or beach photo.
Quotes & Captions about Santorini
- According to some theories, the legendary Atlantis said to have sunk beneath the sea in a great cataclysm, is in actuality the Greek Island of Santorini. – Laura Brooks
- Happy is a choice we make. I choose Santorini.
- Santorini Island, Greece Greeks are like the current. They push you over and then Try to suck you in. – Beryl Dov
- I truly enjoyed Greece – Santorini. That’s somewhere that I always want to be. – Kendall Jenner
- Santorini is beautiful too. But for me her soul is my beautiful “home” I love travelling, but find peace at home. – Amit
- Living the sweet life in Santorini.
- Santorini is calling and I must go. – Anonymous
- Happy is a choice we make. I choose Santorini.
- Off the Santorini cliff on a dark, starless night, I tossed a message in a bottle and love found me washed up on the black lava sand of the Aegean shore. As with my previous loves, volcanic in nature. Almost destructive before it started. – Melody Lee
- Kalimera! Santorini is waiting for you!
- Santorini’s boutique hotels and fine dining make it one of the classier (and pricier) Greek islands, but this is balanced by the down-to-earth hospitality and tradition for which Greece is renowned. – Mike Gerrard
- And then you go to a place that stops you in your tracks and makes you wonder how you got so lucky just to be there. As our ship entered the foggy caldera and I caught my first glimpses of Santorini, I knew it would be one of those places. – Alex
Famous Quotes about Greece
- I followed my heart and it led me to Greece.
- It’s no secret that I belong in Greece.
- There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as Greece!
- Greece was a muse. It inspired creativity in magical ways that I can’t even begin to understand or explain. – Joe Bonamassa
- Greece is the most magical place on Earth. – Kylie Bax
- It takes a lifetime for someone to discover Greece, but it only takes an instant to fall in love with her. – Henry Miller
- Greece – The feeling of being lost in time and geography with months and years hazily sparkling ahead in a prospect of in conjecturable magic. – Patrick Leigh Fermor
- The only sounds: – when ‘gan the West to burn, and red sun upon the seas to ride, I stood upon the soil of Greece at last! – Oscar Wild
- Heaven is a place on earth, possibly Greece.
- The light of Greece opened my eyes, penetrated my pores, expanded my whole being. – Henry Miller
- Athens, the eye of Greece, mother of arts and eloquence. – John Milton
- The mention of Greece fills the mind with the most exalted sentiments and arouses in our bosoms the best feelings of which our nature is capable. – James Monroe
- In Greece wise men speak and fools decide. – George Santayana
- I think the Swedish Academy wished to manifest its solidarity with the living spirit of Greece today. – Giorgos Seferis
- We are all Greeks. Our laws, our literature, our religion, our arts, have their root in Greece. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
Cool Quotes About Greek Islands
- I like to read in the bathtub. Ideally, that bathtub would be located on a small Greek island. – Adam Mansbach
- As a student I travelled around the Mediterranean – the Greek islands and Salerno on the south coast of Italy. – Santiago Calatrava
- My father, who grew up picking olives on the Greek island of Lesbos, was a doctor. So my family expected me to become a physician. – Peter Diamandis
- In 1968, I bought a 114-foot yacht, built in 1946, and lived on the Greek islands for a while. We had an extraordinary time in it. Then I gave it to The Beatles. – Donovan
- Women are like those blinkin’ little Greek islands, places to call at but not to stay. – Stacy Aumonier
- My best vacation was renting a boat and motoring along the Adriatic, going along the Croatian coast, before it became so fashionable. I’ve also sailed around the Turkish islands, the Greek islands and Sicily. – Ian Schrager
- Right now I’d love to be sitting on a Greek island somewhere because of being Greek American, eating great octopus salad and some fantastic lamb. Or sipping a little ouzo. I think the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest… Lots of nuts, vegetables, fruits, fresh fish, lean meats, yogurt. – Cat Cora
- Greece has got something like 1,400 islands. There is so much of Greece you can’t know even if you’re Greek. It’s sprinkled out all around the edge of the Aegean, all over the place. It’s already a secret place wherever you go, even if it’s somewhere huge like Athens or Corinth. The place enchanted me. – Joanna Lumley
More Travel Tips On Santorini:
- How To Get From Santorini Airport To Oia
- Best Hotels In Oia
- How To Get Around Santorini
- Cheap Hotels In Santorini
- The Best Boat Tours In Santorini
- Guide To Where To Stay In Santorini
- How To Get From Athens To Santorini
Pin For Later