Dubai is home to the elite class and is a luxury tourism hub, however, you never see tourists coming back unsatisfied from a vacation in Dubai. Dubai offers amazing tourism opportunities even for those on a budget. You can certainly work through a Dubai itinerary and have an affordable vacation which can be quite cheaper than you imagine.
I have covered what to expect in terms of Dubai currency, in this post, we are going to be looking into whether things are cheap in Dubai? Let’s head on and see what can be cannot be affordable.
Comparison of Dubai with US and UK
Do you know a trip to London will cost you more than a trip to Dubai? Perhaps visiting Madame Tussauds can cause you to be broke and visiting Burj Khalifa can actually be affordable.
Many of the tourist destinations around the world are far more expensive than Dubai. Taking a trip to the desert oasis, for example, is cheaper than any urban tourist destination. Taking an example, A trip for a desert safari in Dubai will cost you nearly the same as a trip to desert Safari in Sydney. The difference lies in the authentic environment offered by Dubai as compared to Sydney.
When you are on a budget, the second most important part of vacation after living is the food. Dubai offers a series of inexpensive restaurants to dine from even If you are on a budget. A meal at an inexpensive restaurant will cost you around US$6.81 whereas, if compared to the US, a meal there can cost you around US$15. So you can see the difference is half the price! I have also covered a few of my favourite African restaurants in Dubai to check out.
Pretty much everything you buy in Dubai can be easily bought and enjoyed at an affordable price. If you have traveled to NewYork first, you would know exactly what I mean!
Is transport In Dubai cheap
When visiting Dubai you must try out the luxurious Dubai Metro train. It is air-conditioned, clean, comfortable and CHEAP! If you compare the transport of the Dubai Metro train to the trains in Paris and New York, you will find that Dubai in this case, is actually cheap. Comparing the price for a fix distance, a one-way ticket will cost you US$1.36 whereas, the same distance in New York will cost you around US$2.50. Do you see the difference?
Though the train does not cover all the tourist destinations such as the famous Palm Jumeira. For a location like that, it safer and cheaper to grab a taxi to that location. Though it might cost slightly more or the same as New York by taking the taxi, it is yet an affordable option even for those on a budget.
Is Shopping In Dubai Cheap – What Is Cheap In Dubai?
So is make-up cheap in Dubai, are designer clothe cheaper in Dubai, watches, cars, electronics and so on? Whether you are a shopaholic or a tourist on a budget, cheap shopping in Dubai might be questionable considering the luxuries Dubai has to offer. From electronics to groceries, from jewelry to buying souvenirs for friends back home, Dubai has everything offered at an affordable cost. Here is a list of item you can shop for in Dubai at cheaper prices.
- Electronics and electronic gadgets: Are you interested in buying cheap electronic gadgets? Then we have good news for you. Apple products and many electronics are usually available at a cheaper price in Dubai as compared to the US and UK. Just visit the AL Fahidi street or the Sharaf DG store to bag a bargain for yourself!
- Groceries: Even when there are many mid ranges and inexpensive restaurants to dine from, you might be interested in buying the everyday grocery items in your stay in Dubai. While beer and wine are relatively more expensive, other simple food items are comparatively cheap. The cost of a regular can of beer is around US$4.13 which half the price more than that in the US. On the other hand, the price of a fresh loaf of bread in Dubai is around US$1.22 compared to US$2.70 in the US. Other items such as oranges or a can of coke cost the same as that found in the US and UK.
- Cosmetics: Whether you are a MAC fan or a Molton Brown fan, cosmetics in Dubai cost about the same as anywhere around the world. Because of course, the brands like to keep the prices the same worldwide. However, cosmetics in the US can be found at a cheaper price in a duty-free shop! I hope this helps if you are a tourist on a budget. With so many places t hang out and many souvenirs to choose from, its best to save your money for the fun part in Dubai.
- Accessories: Dubai was established and constructed in a desert. Though the city offers modern and tourist attractions architecture, the blazing sun could still cause sunburn. If you need to buy a new pair of sunglasses, we have just the place in mind for you. To buy cheaper sunglasses than the US and UK just visit wholesale shops in Dubai. Galleries such as Lfayet offer branded pair of sunglasses at slashed prices.
- Petrol: Did you ever wonder why a taxi ride in Dubai is as cheap as a bus ride in the Uk? Its because the petrol prices in Dubai are much lower than those in the UK and the US. Though Dubai has subsidized the petrol prices and they are a little higher than before, the prices are still far lower than most of the countries. The price of petrol in Dubai at the moment is around US$2.1 per gallon whereas the price of petrol is around US$2.6 in the US and around US$5.2 per gallon in the UK.
Also note: Unlike the UK, USA or many parts of Europe, you can haggle down prices in Dubai too! Look out my post on cheap shopping in Dubai.
So is Dubai Cheap or Expensive
Now that we have compared prices of everyday items such as groceries and shopping accessories for the shopaholics, you can safely conclude a trip to Dubai will be an affordable one.
Don’t get me wrong, Dubai can also be eye-wateringly expensive if you are about that lifestyle, my point is, with great summertime deals and cheap transport for tourists, everything is cheap for a tourist on a budget. Now that we have sparked the curiosity of cheap prices in Dubai, plan your visit and enjoy your trip in Dubai!
Heading To Dubai? Also Read:
- Tips On Appropriate Clothes For Dubai
- Where To Stay In Dubai For Tourists
- Cheapest Way To Visit Burj Al Arab In Dubai
- Top 10 Things To Do In Dubai
- Exploring Abu Dhabi
- Couple’s Guide To Dubai
- Where To Find Free Showers At Dubai Airport
Pin To Travel Board