If a city holds great prominence in the USA and is a flag-bearer of development, it has to be the city of Chicago. Traveling through this historic city is like going through a time warp. The presence of the tallest skyscrapers like the Willis Tower adds to the beauty of the skyline as a whole. You will not be able to miss the charm of the city. You may take inspiration from the famous Chicago quotes below.
Whether you are in Chicago for a day, 2 days in Chicago or longer, there is just so many amazing places to visit, cool restaurants, amazing desserts, and foods to check out, that it can sometimes be overwhelming to find the perfect caption for Chicago. So to help you out, here Chicago city quotes will come in handy and enhance the snaps overall.
Chicago Bean Quotes
Many quotes from the sculptor of Chicago Bean, Anish Kapoor.
- I am Indian, and I’m proud of it. Indian life is mythologically rich and powerful. – Anish Kapoor
- I’ve always felt that if one was going to take seriously this vocation as an artist, you have to get beyond that decorative facade. – Anish Kapoor
- Sculpture occupies the same space as your body. – Anish Kapoor
- I think I understand something about space. I think the job of a sculptor is spatial as much as it is to do with form. – Anish Kapoor
- There’s something imminent in the work, but the circle is only completed by the viewer. – Anish Kapoor
- Much of what I make is geometric, and has a kind of almost mathematical logic to the form. – Anish Kapoor
- Being an artist is a very long game. It is not a 10-year game. I hope I’ll be around making art when I’m 80 – Anish Kapoor
- The work itself has a complete circle of meaning and counterpoint. And without your involvement as a viewer, there is no story. – Anish Kapoor
- All ideas grow out of other ideas. – Anish Kapoor
Chicago City Quotes
Cool and fun Chicago captions perfect for Instagram and social media from well known writters, actors and other celebrities.
- Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world. – Frank Lloyd Wright
- I have struck a city – a real city – and they call it Chicago… I urgently desire never to see it again. It is inhabited by savages. – Rudyard Kipling
- Chicago is a beautiful city with a wonderful skyline. – Santiago Calatrava
- There’s only one thing for Chicago to do, and that’s to move to a better neighborhood. – Herman Fetzer
- But Chicago is a great American city. Perhaps it is the last of the great American cities. – Norman Mailer
- Chicago seems a big city instead of merely a large place. – A.J. Liebling
- One of the hallmarks of Chicago is that we do so many things in an original manner. What other city has made a river flow backwards? What other city makes traffic flow backwards? – Mike Royko
- Chicago is a city of contradictions, of private visions haphazardly overlaid and linked together. If the city was unhappy with itself yesterday-and invariably it was-it will reinvent itself today. – Pat Colander
- It’s one of the greatest cities on the planet. My heart beats differently when I’m in Chicago. It slows down and I feel more at ease. – Jeremy Piven
- A lot of real Chicago lives in the neighborhood taverns. It is the mixed German and Irish and Polish gift to the city, a bit of the old country grafted into a strong new plant in the new. – Bill Granger
- Chicago prides itself on being a mean city. – Laura Jane Grace
- Chicago is a fantastic city, and I can easily see the Olympics setting themselves right here in Chicago. – Edwin Moses
- My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here. – Oprah Winfrey
- Anywhere in the world you hear a Chicago bluesman play, it’s a Chicago sound born and bred. – Ralph Metcalfe
- [On the Chicago Cubs:] Being a Cubs fan prepares you for life – and Washington. – Hillary Clinton
Famous Chicago Quotes
Whether you are looking for the perfect Chicago architecture quotes, sayings about Chicago below is more inspiration for the perfect Chicago quotes for Instagram posts.
- Chicago’s one of the rare places where architecture is more visible. – Frank Gehry
- Let me tell you something. I’m from Chicago. I don’t break. – Barack Obama
- Chicago is my hometown and will always have a special place in my heart. – Kenneth Choi
- I’m impressed with the people from Chicago. Hollywood is hype, New York is talk, Chicago is work. – Michael Douglas
- I’d love to do a film like ‘Chicago’. Something musical because I’ve obviously come from that background. – Leona Lewis
- Chicago is a sort of journalistic Yellowstone Park, offering a haven to a last herd of fantastic bravos. – Ben Hecht
- I adore Chicago. It is the pulse of America. – Sarah Bernhardt
- Theater in Chicago will always be my first love. – William Petersen
- Coming from Chicago, I like a white Christmas. – Dennis Franz
- When I go to Chicago, I know I’m home. – Hank Sauer
- In most places in the country, voting is looked upon as a right and a duty, but in Chicago it’s a sport. – Dick Gregory
- Going to Chicago was like going out of the world. – Muddy Waters
- When I close my eyes to draw I always think Chicago in 1975. – Daniel Clowes
- I must confess a shameful secret: I love Chicago best in the cold. – Erik Larson
- Chicago will give you a chance. The sporting spirit is the spirit of Chicago. – Lincoln Steffens
- I should add that I very much enjoy certain cities especially Paris, New York and Chicago. -Jim Harrison
Funny Quotes about Chicago
More Chi town quotes and captions to accompany you social posts.
- My uncle was the town drunk – and we lived in Chicago. – George Gobel
- You know what they say about Chicago. If you don’t like the weather, wait fifteen minutes. -Ralph Kiner
- Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent. – Dave Barry
- Loving Chicago is like loving a woman with a broken nose. – Nelson Algren
- When I left Chicago, people said, ‘Careful with that Texas heat’. I’m like, ‘I’m from Puerto Rico. I know heat. – Amaury Nolasco
- In Chicago, we love our crooks! – David Mamet
- The best food is in Chicago. There are great restaurants everywhere, from fancy places to burger joints. – Steve Carell
- Sometimes words are just music themselves. Like ‘Chicago’ is a very musical sounding name. – Tom Waits
- I miss everything about Chicago, except January and February. – Gary Cole
- I’d rather be a lamppost in Chicago than a millionaire in any other city. – William A. Hulbert
- Chicago is an October sort of city even in spring. – Nelson Algren
- I think that’s how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, ‘Gee, I’m enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn’t cold enough. Let’s go west. – Richard Jeni
- Hell has been described as a pocket edition of Chicago. – Ashley Montagu
- Dogs love Chicago because they get to visit Wiggly Field.
- I love Chicago, but I’m ready to get the L out of here.
- You’d have to be a weir-mixture not to like Chicago Deep Dish.
- The Best State Parks Near Chicago
- How To See Seattle In 4 Days
- Things To Do In South Bend
- Top Weekend Getaways From Chicago
- Things To Do In St Joesph