Heading to or been to Iceland and looking for the perfect quotes about Iceland that perfectly incapsulate the beauty of Iceland? You are in luck! Whether you are posting about Iceland’s stunning glaciers, waterfalls, rolling hills, black sand beaches or even the unique horse, there is a fitting quote for every occasion.
Hopefully, my posts of the cool places to visit in Iceland or hiking along Svinafellsjokull Glacier, or the many beautiful waterfalls in Iceland have inspired you to explore this amazing country if you haven’t already been. If you haven’t, in a last-ditch attempt, I hope the many Icelandic sayings and Iceland quotes below will do just the trick!
Short And Perfect Iceland Instagram Captions
Over 50+ ideas for Iceland Instagram captions and Iceland travel quotes perfect for social media posts. The perfect glacier quotes, waterfall captions to accompany your posts.
- I followed my heart and it led me to Iceland.
- Change your attitude. Find a new altitude.
- You will reach your destination even though you travel slowly- Icelandic proverb.
- Iceland is a different version of paradise.
- Iceland is beautiful. Sometimes, it’s hard to imagine living anywhere else. -Baltasar Kormakur.
- Few people take an interest in Iceland, but in those few the interest is passionate- W.H.Auden
- I have fantasies of going to Ireland, never to return. –Edward Gorey.
- Catching flights and feelings for Iceland.
- Iceland is fascinating; really an amazing place to visit, and great for a film to go there.- Russell Crowe.
- Falling in love with Iceland, one waterfall at a time.
- I love hiking in Iceland most, there are lots of brilliant paths- Bjork.
- Dear Iceland, you’re the coolest.
- Sugar, Spice and everything Iceland.
- When I prepare, I am not messing around. I find the right places, the right people, and the right environment. Iceland is one of those places. – Conor McGregor.
Iceland Travel Quotes
- In Iceland, you can see the contours of the mountains wherever you go, and the swell of the hills, and always beyond that the horizon. And there’s this strange thing: you’re never sort of hidden; you always feel exposed in that landscape. But it makes it very beautiful as well.- Hannah Kent.
- You cannot rob me of free nature’s grace. You cannot shut the windows of the sky through which Aurora shows her brightening face- James Thomson.
- If you get lost in an Icelanding forest, simply stand up and you will find your way- Icelandic proverb.
- Maybe it’s just a personal thing, but I get so much grounding from Iceland because I know it’s always going to be there. I have a very happy, healthy relationship with the country, so it’s really easy to go everywhere because I always have Iceland to go back to- Bjork.
- Being a winter in Iceland, you get rewarded all the time. People really do read our books, and they have opinions, they love them or they hate them. At the average Christmas party, people push politics, and the Kardashians aside and discuss literature- Hallgrimure Helgason.
- In Iceland, the weather is the biggest character you deal with every day. There’s nothing more relevant in your life than what kind of weather it is- Baltasar Kormakur.
- When I’m in a place like Iceland, I allow myself to take a little more time to divert off into other paths creatively for a while and see what comes to me- Damien Rice.
- The problem with driving around Iceland is that you’re basically confronted by a new soul-enriching, breath-taking, life-affirming natural sight every five goddam minutes. It’s totally exhausting. –Stephen Markley.
- I still don’t know why, exactly, but I do think people can have a spiritual connection to landscape, and I certainly did in Iceland.
- The most amazing thing about Iceland is not the lava fields, the hot springs or the glaciers. It is the fact that there are 13,000km of roads that will take you into this uncharted wilderness.
- After a few days (in Iceland) I tried to take a photograph. But with my attempt to distinguish the first shot, the place disappeared on me…I hadn’t been in Iceland long enough to simply be there- Roni Horn.
- I do like to write, but I also like to get and out and play. I am losing track of all the Cooper versions that I do. I have one for Iceland, different one over here. –Michael Bruce.
- In Reykjavik, Iceland, where I was born, you are in the middle of nature surrounded by mountains and ocean. But you are still in a capital in Europe. So I have never understood why I have to choose between nature or urban. – Bjork.
- There is a glacier in Iceland, Solheimer, which has retreated a great deal, and every time I got back there and see what’s not there any more, it does something to the heart. It makes you realize it’s possible for a gigantic natural element to just disappear. – James Balog.
- I have a deep and ongoing love of Iceland particular the landscape and when writing Burial Rites, I was constantly trying to see whether I could distill its extraordinary and ineffable qualities into a kind of poetry. –Hannah Kent.
- I’ve walked a lot in the mountains in Iceland. And as you come to a new valley as you come to a new landscape, you have a certain view. If you stand still the landscape doesn’t necessarily tell you how big it is. It doesn’t really tell you what you’re looking at. The moment you start to move, the mountain starts to move. –Olafur Eliasson.
- When you live in Iceland so very far away from everything else, you have no concept that anything you do will be heard outside of Reykjavik. I still don’t know how we managed it. –Jon Thor Birgisson.
- What should you do in Iceland? Step One: Go Outside.
- Go to Iceland. Come home charged.
- Make memories all over the world, but start in Iceland.
- Eat, sleep, breathe Iceland.
- I am seldom restricted by anything because I don’t know how to restrict myself. It’s a blessing and a curse. I feel a lot of support from people in Iceland especially from people that are content with themselves and their life.- Olaf Amalds
- Neither mine nor other people’s prospects seem particularly pleasing just at the moment, and I have fantasies of going to Iceland, never to return. As it is, tell myself not to remember the past, not to hope or fear for the future, and not to think in the present, a comprehensive program that will undoubtedly have very little success.-Edward Gorey
- Icy glares from vampires are far icier than icy glares from people and when the vampire giving you an icy glare is originally from Iceland, you’re confronted with the archetypal origin of the term, and you shouldn’t be surprised if your core body temperature drops a few degrees. – Kevin Hearne.
- It’s curiosity and always a sense of poetry. You see it in particular in the chapter, “Iceland” where I’m reciting ancient Icelandic poetry. It has this very beautiful gravitas in conjunction with the volcanoes. – Warner Herzog.
Icelandic Sayings and Quotes
Quotes about Iceland, on Iceland that continue to inspire travellers visiting this beautiful and tiny nation packed with stunning scenery.
- Netflix knew I was going to North Korea and Ethiopia and Iceland. They saw the film and liked it and that was that. – Warner Herzog.
- Olafur Eliasson is also one of the most visionary artists I’ve ever met. He is from Denmark and Iceland and his focus is nothing less than the entire universe. – Victor Pinchuk.
- Did you know there’s probably more golf played in Iceland than most places in the world? They play 24 hours a day in the summertime, and the northern part is warmer than the southern part. – Jack Nicklaus.
- There’s a reason why Jules Verne chose the place where the glacier was, where we start to descend into the center of the earth. That area specifically has magical powers and people come to this place from all over the world. I actually think that’s true of all Iceland. I think it’s so special, apart from the water and air being so clean. – Anita Briem.
- Throughout the history of Iceland, men have been lost at sea; every family in Iceland is connected to that kind of story. –Baltasar Kormakar.
- I consider myself more a European director who is from Iceland than an Icelandic director. – Baltasar Kormakur.
- The thing about Iceland is that we are trapped there anyway, all of us. We have been trapped there for thousands of years. – Baltasar Kormakur.
- Iceland, though it lies so far to the north that it is partly within the Arctic Circle, is like Norway, Scotland, and Ireland, affected by the Gulf Stream, so that considerable portions of it are quite habitable. –Harry Johnston
- When I look at the northern lights… I see our ancestors dancing around a sacred fire, lighting the way for us when it’s time for us to cross over from this physical world and join them. –Molly Larkin. “What do the Northern Lights mean for us?”
- Iceland, I’m in love with that country, the people are incredible. –Kit Harington
- I like to show everybody Iceland all the time. My people are like, “Don’t tell everybody the secret. It’s so peaceful and beautiful here!” It’s incredible, I go home and drive across the country, and go to my mom’s place and it’s dark with the Northern Lights and I like to sit in some hot springs. –Anita Briem.
- If I wasn’t bound to Brooklyn due to my own personal reasons like taking care of my mother and the fact that this is where the band is based, I would probably move to Iceland. – Peter Steele.
- I feel like the people from Iceland have a different relationship with their country than other places. Most Icelandic people are really proud to be from there, and we don’t have embarrassments like World War II where we were cruel to other people. –Bjork.
For more inspiration also follow my Pinterest Board full of amazing quotes from travel to life inspiration.
Love Iceland? Also Read:
- What To Pack For Iceland
- Where To Stay In Reykjavik
- The Best Thermals For A Trip To Iceland
- Campervan Exploring In Iceland
- Things To Do In Vik
Liked it? Pin & Share!