Flying cross-continent is strenuous, especially for those traveling down under to Australia. The country is isolated from the rest of the continents, and an average international flight is a long hauled one. If you are on a layover or just need to fresh below is a guide to Melbourne Airport showers and lounges in addition to many other useful facilities. There are plenty of luxury Lounges from different airlines and all access ones are available in the major airports of Australia. If you don’t already have access to these through membership you can purchase a lounge pass online.
Tullamarine International Airport in Melbourne is an important hub in the country. The airport is 23 km away from the city and has 4 operational terminals currently. Each of these has plenty of cool facilities and lounges, ensuring to have a relaxed time at the airport.
Melbourne Airport Shower Facilities & Lounges
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport has some of the excellent lounges at your disposal and spoils you for choices. There are different options, right from all access lounges to a dedicated Airline lounge possessing different features and amenities.
- Marhaba Lounge: Melbourne Airport welcomes visitors with this popular lounge located on T2, between gates 9 and 11. The lounge offers all passengers, irrespective of privileges, and provides an affordable stay. In terms of amenities, Showers are available for the visitors to wash away the long haul stress. The lounge also offers the A-La-Carte food menu, a decent collection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The price per person is 65 USD and 35 USD for children. It is open from 4 am to the next day at 1 am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sat, and 5 am to the following day at 1 am on other days.
- The House: This is an award-winning Lounge of the Year destination, besides T2 airside on the 3rd floor. Visitors can opt for a fresh shower in a top maintained shower room. Alternatively, amenity kits are available upon request. On the other side, the lounge offers a comprehensive continental dining menu to savor your taste buds. It offers access to all First and Business Class travelers on Etihad and Virgin Australia flights. For regular passengers, 80 USD is the charge for adults and 40 USD for children.
Melbourne Airport Airline Lounges
- Qantas Club Lounge: The National Carrier of Australia, Qantas, has an exclusive lounge for all the flyers taking their aircraft. Flyers can avail of the shower facilities and refresh themselves after a long flight. The club provides an all-day dining facility, with a variety of continental food available, apart from liquors. Enjoy high-speed WiFi services and make the most of your temporary stay located near Terminal 1.
- American Express Lounge: This iconic lounge is studded to give the visitors a great time during their stay. Located aside the Plaza Premium Lounge, this is on Terminal 2, opposite Gate 7 on the lower level. Long hauled flights from the USA would see passengers expecting a shower, available in the lounge. The overall ambiance in the sitting area offers a cozy time with different food options available. The lounge entry is restricted to American Express cardholders and welcomes anyone with the card.
- Virgin Australia Lounge: Located on Terminal 3, this all-access lounge welcomes visitors traveling in any airlines with a nominal fee of 65 AUD per person. Refreshing facilities such as shower rooms are available, alongside alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Enjoy WiFi offered in the lounge and treat your taste buds with a variety of food options available.
- Air New Zealand Lounge: This lounge from Air New Zealand is a popular option among all travelers. Located on Terminal 2, next to Gate 15, the lounge caters tired visitors with a sophisticated bathroom-backed shower facility. Star Alliance flyers with frequent fly status can access the lounge aside from Business and First Class flyers from Singapore, Thai, United, and Air India Flights.
- Emirates Lounge: Emirates, the Middle Eastern Aviation baron, offers a wide and executive lounge located at Level 3 of Terminal 2. It offers incredible amenities like a shower facility, a liquor bar, and a plethora of food options. All these are available for travelers in Business and First Class of Emirates primarily and even regular day pass available from 100 USD.
- Cathay Pacific Lounge: The Hong Kong-based airline hosts a mesmerizing lounge for its travelers at the airport. Located on the Satellite concourse, below Gate 6, the lounge offers multiple relaxation options, right from clean showers and usage of amenity kits on request. Once done, the visitors can try out some of the chosen Asian food options and savor every bite of the same. Cathay Pacific and all of One World Alliance partner flights such as Malaysian, Japan, and Qantas’s Business Class flyers can avail the lounge.
Melbourne Airport Sleeping Pods And Hotels Nearby
Melbourne Airport boasts multiple hotels within the complex, suiting all budget constraints.
- Parkroyal Melbourne Airport: One of the closest airports from Tullamarine Airport located some meters from the terminals. It is convenient for both domestic and international flyers, who can rest and shower off the jet lag in this comfortable hotel. Layover rates for 3 hours start from 89 AUD and 295 AUD for a night worth stay.
- Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport: The hotel is barely 400 meters from the airport terminal and suites travelers opting for early morning flights. With attached bathroom showers and all modern amenities inclusive, the hotel backs with 207 rooms and the tariff suiting everyone.
- Ibis Budget Hotel: The hotel suits travelers with budget pocket pinch and delivers complete ease and comfort. They can use the hotel as a perfect pit stop for an overnight stay and use showers. With just a distance of 750 meters, the hotel is a 10-minute walk from the terminal.
Melbourne Airport WiFi Access
Tullamarine Airport offers free WiFi access inside all the terminals. This is easy to connect, and users should read the terms and conditions before signing it up. The WiFi service is not encrypted.
Melbourne Airport Luggage Storage & Lockers
Melbourne Airport also has baggage Storage for those that may be on a layover or looking to leave items in the airport while exploring. The Smartecarte is located in T2 Arrivals of the airport on the ground floor and provides secure storage options for your items for long or short periods of time. You can store everything from carry-on luggage, suitcases, baby car seats, prams, sporting equipment, instrument cases, bikes and more can all be stored here.
Baggage Storage Opening Times: 5am – 12:30am, seven days a week. Note that you will need your passport or other form of Photo ID to use the storage facilities.
If you want to use lockers at Melbourne Airport instead of luggage storage, you can also find the lockers in the At Terminal T4 Car Park on the ground floor.
Other Facilities At Melbourne Airport
- You can find mobile phone charging stations at many of the gates on all terminals.
- We are all aware of cheap airlines that require us to have printed boarding passes so should you need to print something out, you can find printing and faxing facilities withing the Baggage Storage: Smartecarte in T2 Arrivals on the ground floor.
- While we started off talking about showers at Melbourne Airport, you can also find plenty of baby changing facilities too in all 4 terminals of the airport.
- If travelling with disabled adults, you can also find adult changing facilities equipped with a ceiling hoist and change table in:
- In T4 food court, located next to McDonald’s (after security)
- T2 Arrivals Hall, Northern end (near T1) opposite the Australian Border Force office
Tullamarine International Airport in Melbourne has lived up to the hype. On reaching down under, one would love to refresh in these world-class lounges backing up with wonderful amenities. Right from economy to business to first-class travelers, everyone can have their share of comfort on different lounges.
Heading To Australia? Also Read:
- Travel Tips For Solo Trip To Australia
- How To Plan The Perfect Trip To Australia
- One Day Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- The Perfect Itinerary For Sydney & Melbourne
- How To Visit Melbourne In One Week
- Unmissable Street Art In Hosier Lane
Pin For Later