Paris can be considered as one of the best destinations that you can visit for a sightseeing tour. That’s because you can discover a large number of places offering the best viewpoints in Paris. So whether you are looking for the best sunset views in Paris, best dinner views in Paris or even want to score yourself the ever sought after hotel balcony views in Paris this post will guide you through the coolest Paris viewpoints int he capital.
You will be able to experience all that the city has to offer among the many things to do in Paris while taking in memorable views of Paris. Below I will also highlight the closest Paris metro to the viewpoint.
- 1 The Best Viewpoints In Paris
- 2 Best Bars With The Best Views of Paris
- 3 Best Restaurants With Views Of Paris
The Best Viewpoints In Paris
Trocadero is an area located in Paris, which offers outstanding views of the surroundings. Trocadero can also be considered as the name of the building, which was demolished back in 1937. This place offers among the best views of Eiffel Tower.
If you want to get closer to nature while you are staying in Paris, this is one of the greatest viewpoints available to visit. You can do as Parisians do and have a picnic in Trocadero Gardens a right in the shadows of the Eiffel Tower. You can see more shots of our sunrise photography shoot at Trocadero in Paris. Nearest Paris Metro: Trocadero and Lena.
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe is one of the most popular monuments located in Paris. It is located towards the western end of the Place Charles de Gaulle. It was commissioned in 1806 after the victory at Austerlitz by Emperor Napoleon at the peak of his fortunes. The monument was constructed during in between 1806 and 1836.
The main objective of this monument is to represent a powerful and unified ensemble. In now stands center and radiating the twelve avenues in Paris. Even though it has been subjected to many transformations throughout the past, you can still experience the key representation by visiting there. For more shots of the view from Arc de Triomphe, check out my weekend in Paris. Nearest Paris Metro: George V and Kleber.
Eiffel Tower is the most popular Paris viewpoints an unmissable attraction on any Paris itinerary. If you can get to the third platform, you can enjoy the best views of the city, which stretch across an area of 70km. You should never miss Eiffel Tower when you are visiting Paris. However, you need to purchase tickets to climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower and access the platforms. Nearest Paris Metro: Bir Hakaim and Gare du Pont de l’Alma.
Montmartre hill provides some of the best views in Paris. You don’t need to go through a lot of effort to get to the top of the hills. The journey to the top is totally worth it because of the outstanding views of the surrounding that it can offer to you. Beside the hill there is an assortment of things to do in Montmartre. Nearest Paris Metro: Anvers and Château Rouge.
Views From Paris Bridges
You cannot come to Paris and not take in the views of the many beautiful bridges in Paris. Among my favourite bridges in Paris are Pont des Arts, Pont Neuf, Pont Alexandre III, Pont de Bir Hakeim, Pont Notre Dame, Pont de la Concorde and Pont d’Lena where you will find the Eiffel Tower.
Sacre Coeur Basilica
Sacre Coeur Basilica is located on top of the Montmartre Hill. When you come to Sacre Coeur Basilica, you are encouraged to climb to the dome of it for the stunning views. Once at the top you can enjoy the best possible views of the of Montmartre and beyond. The views that you can enjoy from the external gallery are outstanding. To get the best experience, you are encouraged to visit there on a clear day. Then you can enjoy views for an area of up to 30km. Nearest Paris Metro: Anvers and Château Rouge.
River Cruise Tour
If you are planning to visit Paris with your loved ones, you should go on the River Cruise Tour. There are plenty of cruise types available from cruise and dinner on the River Seine to just a quick cruise. Enjoy Paris from a unique viewpoint which you will fall in love with.
Wine and dine as you take a dinner river cruise tour, what a way to enjoy Paris. Audio guides are also provided for the individuals who go on the River Cruise Tour, these range from Paris night cruise, Moulin Rouge river cruise or cruise and lunch. The ticket price would vary depending on the nature of the river cruise that you will go on.
Montparnasse is among the most favorite viewpoints in Paris. All you need to do is to get to the 56th floor of Montparnasse. You will need tickets for Montparnasse viewing deck. It is an ideal location in Paris for you to enjoy the city. When you get there, you can get breathtaking views of Montmarte, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower and Luxembourg Garden. No other place in Paris can provide you with these views. You can see pictures from our trip to the top here. Nearest Paris Metro: Anvers and Château Rouge.
Muse d’Orsay is a museum that provides outstanding views of the city as well. There is a clock located on the upper level of Muse d’Orsay. You can purchase a ticket and get there. Then you will be able to enjoy Paris through the clock, which is quite outstanding. Nearest Paris Metro: Gare Musée d’Orsay.
This is one of Paris’ hidden gems and among the best viewpoints in Paris. Le Printemps can also provide you with panoramic views of Paris. Le Printemps is a shopping mall in Paris much like Galeries Lafayette but with cool panoramic views.
You can enjoy the Eiffel Tower and the Opera of Paris. You can also find a large number of restaurants at Le Printemps, which can provide you with the chance to enjoy a meal while experiencing the outstanding views of the surrounding. For pictures from our exploration of the views from Printemps check out my post of Deli-Cieux Printemps Rooftop Cafe and Printemps Part 2 here. Nearest Paris Metro: Gare Haussmann Saint-Lazare and Havre – Caumartin.
If you are looking for a peaceful viewpoint to take a look at Paris, you need to think about visiting La Defense. It can also provide you with a unique experience while you are spending your time in Paris. When you are here, you will notice how most of the Paris city is sprawling out in front of you. Its also very easy to get to and a must for photographers too. See details on my post La Defense. Nearest Paris Metro: La Defense.
The Pompidou Centre
The Pompidou Centre is another art museum located in Paris, which can provide great views over Paris and surrounding city. All you have to do is to obtain an entrance ticket for the Pompidou Centre and get to the top deck. Then you can enjoy amazing views from another one of the best city views in Paris, which includes the Eiffel Tower as well. On the top deck, you can also find a French restaurant to grab a bite before heading out to do more exploring in Paris. Nearest Paris Metro: Rambuteau.
Paris Hotels Views
A large number of hotels that are located in Paris can also provide you with outstanding views. I have shared a couple of posts of the hotels with Eiffel Tower view balcony as well as the best hotels with views of the Eiffel Tower, which can provide the best possible views of the Paris and surrounding areas. All the while enjoying this amazing city.
Notre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral has got a South Tower, which is 69m high. Once at the top you and enjoy pleasant views of Paris. You don’t need to make a payment or purchase a ticket for Notre Dame and City Tour. Update: Sadly the beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral fire of last week means that you may not be able to enjoy the beautiful views from Notre Dame Cathedral for the new few years until they reconstruct Notre Dame, which is likely to take at least five years. Hopefully, the restoration is completed for the Olympics in Paris. Nearest Paris Metro: Cité
Best Bars With The Best Views of Paris
Nothing beats a cool drink after sunset as you take in the stunning views in Paris. For the best rooftop views in Paris head to these cool bars with the best views in Paris.
- Terras Hotel’s 7E Ceil Bar – Located on 12-14 Rue Joseph de Maistre. The rooftop of Terrass Hotel has a restaurant and bar on the terraces offering a stunning and panoramic view over Paris.
- Le Montana In St Germain – Located on 28 Rue Saint-Benoît, Hotel Le Montana’s Black Bar in St Germain is one of the most exclusive places in Paris. This is a VIP magnet and not just for the great views of Paris.
- La Terrasse at Hotel Raphael – Located on 7 Avenue Kléber on the 7th floor of the hotel where you can grab a drink and enjoy amazing views over Paris as you wine and dine.
- Monseir Bleu Restuarant (Palais de Tokyo) – Located on 20 Avenue de New York and within Palais de Tokyo. Perched on the quays of the Seine, just across from the Eiffel Tower, Monsieur Bleu offers great food to go with the stunning views.
Best Restaurants With Views Of Paris
Description of place, views on offer and the cost of a typical main meal or drinks prices.
- Le Georges at Pompidou Centre – Located on 19 rue Beaubourg and within Centre Georges Pompidou. The view is breathtaking even when it’s gray and raining outside! Enjoy your meal with Parisian views.
- Le Perchoir du Marais – Located on 33 Rue de la Verrerie. A a rooftop bar with an amazing view. It is surrounded by the treasures of Parisian architectural patrimony.
- Kong – Located on 1 Rue du Pont Neuf is one of Paris cool spots with a cool scene and location next to LV. With two floors of food and great views. This places was also made famous when it appeared in Sex And The City.
- La Maison Blanche – Located on 23-19 Rue de Dunkerque and distributed on two floors. The downstairs room along the “Bay Window” offering a panoramic view on the west of Paris. The upper space, the “Mezzanine” opens a wider view of the Parisian landscape and reveals some the best views in Paris with views from the a terrace of green island in the city, under the twinkling Eiffel Tower.
- Les Ombres – Located on 27 Quai Branly and with a view of Eiffel Tower and surrounding Paris. The full-on view of the Eiffel Tower is enough to justify coming to this glass-and-iron resto on the top of the Musée du Quai Branly.
Pin For Later