- 1 Activities and Tours On Lulworth Cove
- 2 Lulworth Cove Weather | The Best Time To Visit Lulworth Cove
- 3 What To Pack For A Day Trip Or Lulworth Cove Holidays
- 4 Getting to Lulworth Cove | Lulworth Cove Parking
- 5 How To Get To Lulworth Cove By Public Transport
- 6 Lulworth Cove Hotels and Accommodation Options
- 7 Lulworth Cove Camping | Lulworth Cove Campsites
Activities and Tours On Lulworth Cove
- There is plenty to do for those that love the outdoors or just beach-bumming on the Lulworth Cove beach. You can hire Kayaks, they also have Lulworth Cove kayaking tours, we opted for Rib Ride on the bay which takes you to sea and you get to see Durdle from the other side.
- With the Rio Olympics happening at the time we also had swimmers training on the coast, which I guess may have inspired the swim or they could be future Olympians in training. You can spot some of the heads sticking out of the water in the images below. There are also shallow spots to swim at dotted around the area so make sure you bring your swimming gear.
- If you prefer an easy weekend to just chill out you can start the day with breakfast and sea views at Lulworth Cove cafe that is right on the beach. Take in the views and people watch while sipping coffee. We had out caffeine doses at the Boat Shed Cafe set with views of the cove.
- While on the Rib Ride we also managed to get close to Durdle Door, you get to see the back of the rock face arch while riding on the coast.
- If you love paddle boarding this is also a great spot to do that or try it out. There are rental shops dotting around where you can either do a tour or just rent the equipment yourself and go.
- For more tours in Lulworth Cove or even day-trip tours from London, you can compare prices here.
Lulworth Cove Walks | Lulworth To Durdle Door
While we drove from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove, you can also do your journey the other way around and do Lulworth Cove to Durdle. Both by walking or driving. Our drive from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove was maybe 10-20 minutes. There is a walking trail from Durdle Door that leads you all the way to Lulworth Cove. These are clearly marked and are popular with people so you will not get lost. There are many Lulworth Cove walks to choose from, all with varying difficulty from easy to difficult. For more on the Lulworth, Cove trails check South-West Coast Path.
Lulworth Cove Weather | The Best Time To Visit Lulworth Cove
Visiting Lulworth Cove in:
- December: This is the coolest month in Lulworth Cove when the average maximum temperature is 9°, the average temperature is 5° and the average minimum temperature is 2°. December also has the shortest days with an average of 8 hours of daylight per day.
- June: The sunniest days in Lulworth Cove are in June which has the most hours of sunshine per day with an average of 7.9 hours of sunshine per day, making it a quite sunny month with some cloud cover. With the longest days in Lulworth Cove also being in June, with an average of 16.4 hours of daylight per day.
- October and November: The wettest month in Lulworth Cove is October with 1.9cm of rain and November has the most days of rain with 18.5 days with some rain, a wet time to visit the beach.
- March: The driest month in Lulworth Cove is March with 0.6cm of rain and the least days of rain with 12.7 days with some rain, a slightly wet time to visit the beach.
What To Pack For A Day Trip Or Lulworth Cove Holidays
- Swimsuit – As you can see there are plenty of beautiful spots to swim or even paddleboard.
- Walking Shoes – Comfortable walking shoes are a must as the coastline has some of the most amazing walking trails in the UK.
- Hat, Sunglasses, and Suncream.
Getting to Lulworth Cove | Lulworth Cove Parking
How To Get To Lulworth Cove By Public Transport
We drove but did consider using public transport to get to Lulworth Cove. To use public transport, you can get to Lulworth Cove by bus service no 103 from Wool and Dorchester Stations, leaving 4 times a day from May to September, or bus service no 30 from Weymouth Station, departs 4 times a day from May to September. For more information and timetables check out Traveline.
Lulworth Cove Hotels and Accommodation Options
Lulworth Cove Camping | Lulworth Cove Campsites
There are two Club campsites near Lulworth Cove in Dorset. You have Moreton Campsite and Corfe Castle both of which have camping and caravan facilities. Also close by is The YHA linked above where you have dorms and camping on the grounds of YHA but just bear in mind that it’s not big so does sell out quickly in the summer. More more Lulworth Cove camping sites check out PitchUp.
More on the Dorset and English countryside:
- Sunrise on Old Man Of War In Dorset
- 5 Things To See And Do On The Jurassic Coast
- Hiking The White Cliffs Of East Sussex